Most Overrated Bands of the 1980's!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Actually,at least for me,all of the hair bands were actually staffed with greatly talented musicians who in at least most cases,instead of maximizing their potential,chose to sell it all out for the almighty dollar.I recall quite well being impressed with much of the drumming and speed guitar bits as well as some of the screeching vocals,but I really despise seeing ANY potential going unfulfilled in ANY field of endeavor.For me,Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home",both song and video was one of my personal exceptions here..........

dickens

Reaction score
If Van Halen is pop then I'm not sure what that would make Madonna then....:heheh:

Speaking of Madonna, I think she is one of the most overrated poppers of all time. She's an ok singer, dancer, performer, but thats it. Just average. Just because someone sticks arouond for a while doesn't mean they are exceptional in any way.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
In my head,and perhaps by wide margin,MIchael Jackson takes the prize here.A really great string of pop/R&B hits,but one survey I saw,either Rolling Stone or a VH1 list had the King of Pop at frigen number two!!Michael Jackson,second to only the Beatles in terms of historic musical signifigance and influence on the industry?Number two only to the Beatles?Jackson isn't even one of the very best black artists ever(Stevie Wonder,James Brown,Aretha Franklin etc. etc.)All this as well as well as I believe "Thriller" is one of the most if not THE most over rated album of all time.Once again,some great top ten fodder,but between this one and "Off the Wall",I never particularly saw anything truly special going on here................

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online