Most Overplayed Classic Rock songs on today's Radio?

What are the most overplayed classic rock songs on the radio today? (choose 5)

• Total voters

ANF

Reaction score
Out of curiosity ANF, what radio stations do you listen to? I live just a tad north of Cincinnati and I listen to WEBN, WTUE, and The Fox.........

I listen to SFR and QMF the two "classic rock" stations, I also like 100.5 Gen X and 88.1 WNAS, which is this all-request radio station that plays a very schizophrenic mixture of genres and I like it (for instance, you'll hear Judas Priest followed by Reba McEntire) and they play a lot of lesser-known hits and even album cuts.

But most of the time, I just listen to my ipod in the car.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
The classic rock radio station in my city likes to play A LOT of Rush, and sure, Rush is sweet and all but a gal can only listen to Limelight or Working Man so many times in a day.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeppers! I think people are really tired of hearing Sweet Home Alabama. Infact, the last time I was in the car, that song came on my fav radio station and I changed channels.

I should get me an adapter so I can play my mp3 player in the car :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's too bad, that is a good song and Skynyrd did some other radio worthy stuff over the years that should have gotten more attention, they were far more than "...Alabama and Free Bird"....:nw:

It's that damned catchy intro...and I've lost track of how many movies have used that song too.

Still I like it fine, and when I play that record I don't skip over it, the benefit of not listening to radio anymore.

ANF

Reaction score
Another incredibly overplayed song on classic rock radio, which I find funny because it was more country-pop than anything (yet we don't hear Kenny Rogers on there), Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. Not sure how classic rock stations elsewhere are, but in Louisville that song is a mainstay on the two we have.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Margaritaville was played a lot here as well, you're pretty much guaranteed that it the Only Jimmy Buffet song they play, which is too bad he's done a lot of fun songs over the years.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Tommy James - Crimson and Clover.

I dunno wtf the deal is, but in the last couple of months, I don't think there has been a single day that I have listened to the radio where I haven't heard thsi song at least twice in a 8 to 12 hr period.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Sweet Home Alabama ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide ~ ZZ Top
Money ~ Pink Floyd
More Than a Feeling ~ Boston
Satisfaction ~ Rolling Stones
Cold As Ice ~ Foreigner
Fly Like An Eagle ~ Steve Miller
Radar Love ~ Golden Earring
Takin' Care of Business ~ BTO

I love these songs but man, they play em WAY too much. There are about 25 more I could think of, the usual ones I'm sure youve heard. I dont even listen to radio except when driving my old truck (which I rarely drive and it only has radio) and when changing cd's in the car I catch a few seconds of a song here and there.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Back in Black ~ AC/DC
Layla ~ Eric Clapton
Dream On ~ Aerosmith
Brown Eyed Girl ~ Van Morrison
Runnin' With the Devil ~ Van Halen

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member