Most Overplayed Classic Rock songs on today's Radio?

What are the most overplayed classic rock songs on the radio today? (choose 5)

• Total voters

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
Stairway to Heaven is number one. Nothing else even comes close. I almost drove my car off the road awhile back when I heard someone call in and request it. W-T-F??!!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I'm sure it's probably been mentioned but I feel like I hear Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light" far too much. :bonk:

JakeWasHere

Reaction score
I am stunned that there aren't more votes for "Brown-Eyed Girl". I am 29 years old and that song has been overplayed on oldies radio for literally as long as I can remember... I would rather listen to ANY of the other songs on this list than hear "Brown-Eyed Girl" for the nineteen-thousandth time.

wormwood

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Enter the Sandman earlier in this thread as being overplayed, and it's so true! I actually can't stand the song at the moment.

Here in Canada, Taking Care of Business and American Woman have been played to death 'cause they gotta get in their Canadian content. Same with The Tragically Hip's Little Bones. Hate that song with a passion. And Bryan Adam's Summer of '69. Overplayed.

Other overplayed songs I can think of include Feel Like Making Love (Bad Company), Van Halen's Jump, Down on the Corner (CCR) and Won't get Fooled again (Who).

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online