• Dee Murray

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Steve Hackett

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Michael Schenker often times seems to be overlooked by people, most specifically by non-guitarists. Any rock guitarist (pro or amature) should be very familiar with the guy. Some of his stuff is amazing, whether it be from UFO, MSG, McAuley Schenker, etc, he has a very impressive library of music.

Here's a live show from 2016, where they jam for about an hour and a half. Lots of goodies in this vid:

Romulus

Reaction score
There are so many overlooked Rock guitarists, although whether they were geniuses is a tough call. For me one of the most outstanding Rock guitarists who is often overlooked in general discussions is (as already mentioned in this thread) is Michael Schenker espescially from the live album 'Strangers in the Night'. When a guitarist not only shows flair, but can ellicit emotions from his playing, that to me is special. Also from a guitarists point of view I together with my mate noticed he hardly ever repeats himself in his solos which is rare compared to the other 'usual suspects' of guitarists who normally receive greater notice.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
Michael Schenker often times seems to be overlooked by people, most specifically by non-guitarists. Any rock guitarist (pro or amature) should be very familiar with the guy. Some of his stuff is amazing, whether it be from UFO, MSG, McAuley Schenker, etc, he has a very impressive library of music.

Here's a live show from 2016, where they jam for about an hour and a half. Lots of goodies in this vid:

When the topic of favorite guitarists comes up, I mention Micheal Schenker as the "guitarist I would most like to sound like",...I think the guy is brilliant. Brilliant technique, brilliant tone.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online