Mike Love, True Genius of the Beach Boys!!!

DocRock

Vinyl Overlord
Reaction score
.....and not only that, but I heard he offered to go three rounds with Dylan in a lyrical boxing match....he called Bob "a big-nose, commie know-it-all ex-hippie, that thinks he can drop a dime and do a rhyme in time at ANY time, might as well be a mime, with a voice like a sinusectomy gone bad....."....now if THAT isn't a slap-across-Bob's-face-with-a-pair-of-PINK-kidskin-gloves, i don't know what is! I've got 20 that says Bob will lay him out in the first round.... :eek: :D :p

chick draper

I've been En-eagled!
Reaction score
That's funny Doc! :D

And Snee, it's really funny that you posted that song in particular. When we went to NO to see Brian at the Jazz Fest, we found a Beach Boys greatest hits at the Target in Harvey, LA for 10 bucks and snatched it up. Has some 30 or so songs on it. We listened to it a lot, it became another of the Boy's favorites along with "Smile". That song, though, was the one that they didn't like and wanted to skip. They thought is was "stupid"! :D

Even puppies don't like Mike Love! ;)

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
all kidding aside, I really and truly love ALL that stuff.
I like the dumb-ass car songs, too but I guess I don't get to ridicule Mike for those.

those really dumb Beach Boys songs are like Ramones to me.
they are so dumb they achieve a Zen-like beauty!

you may take the pink slip from my hand.

DocRock

Vinyl Overlord
Reaction score
....thanks to St. Jude for small favors granted... I was afraid you were gonna tell us we had to take it off your back!...as Bill the Cat said, "ACCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!"....

DarkWishWall

Reaction score
England - The birth of great music! Specifically B
If I get carried away with this thread I may suffer some kind of heart disorder, so I'll just say that you're all terribly wrong! And Mike Love is a strong candidate for being the biggest ******* the world has ever seen. Read Brian's autobiography, which Love has admitted is 100% true.

chick draper

I've been En-eagled!
Reaction score
I think you missed a good bit of sarcasm DWW. ;) I don't think there is a deep enough or awful enough HELL for Mike Love. I don't think I'm alone, even amongst the contributors to this thread. My constant refrain is MIKE LOVE MUST DIE!!! :mad:

DarkWishWall

Reaction score
England - The birth of great music! Specifically B
At first it seemed like sarcasm and then it became far more terrrible. I think wihtout Van Dyke Parks Brian Wilson would have been stuck writing those awful car songs, which I enjoy as much as anyone else in small doses but are childish beyond boredom. Brian needed Parks to grow as an artist. With Mike Love he would probably be dead now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online