Mike Love, True Genius of the Beach Boys!!!

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
BTW...I just got the Pet Sounds Sessions box set. It is heavenly!

Especially those a cappella tracks.

DarkWishWall

Reaction score
England - The birth of great music! Specifically B
For me, to understand the quality of the songwriting you really have to listen to the songs really carefully, listen to everything that's going on in them at once. Just buy Pet Sounds or SMiLE, they are the best examples but I would also second Martin Q. Blank's recommendations, all classic examples of Wilson's ability. It has become a cliche to call him a genius, but that really is the first word that springs to mind when you are listening to a Beach Boys song. Most of the songs work on the heart as well as the head as well.

algernon

Reaction score
Martin Q. Blank said:
BTW...I just got the Pet Sounds Sessions box set. It is heavenly!

Especially those a cappella tracks.
Isn't it marvelous? I had to buy a second one having worn the first one out!

algernon

Reaction score
HA! Yeah, thats Dennis...and isn't it the dorkiest cover ever? Part of the charm of Brian Wilson is that he is a complete dork. Also intriguing is that PET SOUNDS contains many sonic imperfections...for example, during HERE TODAY you can hear Brian and someone having a conversation about a camera. It was mistakenly re-corded and couldn't be erased.

Last edited:

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
algernon said:
HA! Yeah, thats Dennis...and isn't it the dorkiest cover ever? Part of the charm of Brian Wilson is that he is a complete dork. Also intriguing is that PET SOUNDS contains many sonic imperfections...for example, during HERE TODAY you can hear Brian and someone having a conversation about a camera. It was mistakenly re-corded and couldn't be erased.

Yeah. It's not in the stereo version, though, which I actually prefer.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I was glad to hear a rumor that the Beach Boys will once again be performing under Mike's brilliant leadership and be taking their true place as the celebrated sidemen of the most talented and spiritual man in rock!!!
as foretold!
W7DBEsHSfkk8.png

now, let us chant!
ooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

algernon

Reaction score
Ya know, initially i was very negative about this...but as I think more, ..and as a long-time student of the Brian Wilson history---it would be alota fun to observe the personal dynamics of this re-union.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
I would like to see the Beach Boys actually do a few reunion concerts in which they reclaim full ownership of their musical legacy (like Brian has done in his solo gigs over the past few years). It would be great if they'd put out one last really good album, but that might be too much to hope for.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
One more thing...at this point I really have to say this...

Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE is now my favorite album of all time...it has actually replaced the White Album (which now resides at the #2 slot)...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Staff online

Members online