Mick Jagger hanging out with The Beiber

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
First of all - rap isn't singing. It's just spoken text without any message. :heheh:

I agree that rap these days (at least the mainstream rap) is diluted and lacking in anything meaningful, but rap is similar to rock in that it shares roots in the blues genre. A lot of rappers drew inspiration from meager beginnings and hard lives in bad neighborhoods. A lot of underground rap artists still stay true to that. Look at the earlier rap artists and you'll understand what I mean. Rap was a means for expression and a temporary escape from the hardships of living in miserable conditions, much like a rock star may have drew inspiration from their depression, childhood occurrences, etc. I know a lot of rap fans don't really understand rock music so it's natural for us to not understand their music, either.

I don't listen to rap, but that's just my two cents. :grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Yes that is what grinds my gears more than anything about the Bieber's and Montana's and before them the Jonas brothers, I have nothing personal against them but so many other Better musicians are out there making Great music and no one hears about them.

It's all about money, I think it's worse now than ever before.

I'm sorry my dear friend, but you will have to take Bieber out of the money equation. Justin had a humble start. He grew up below the poverty line and was busking on the streets when he was only 12. He entered a singing competition in Canada and won second place. He posted dozens of homemade videos on YouTube for his family and friends to watch and that is how he was discovered at the age of 13. After he was signed, of course he was promoted, as all new musicians are.

Last edited:

Harkat

Reaction score
I like Justin, not his music, but I think the hate against him is OTT.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Very few on this forum admit to liking pop music. Many don't even like their previously favorite hard rock bands that "sold out" and became mainstream.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The hate against him is OTT and a waste of energy, Im not big on that music but I dont go around announcing it like my view on it is factual. People can like what they want.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
The hate against him is OTT and a waste of energy, Im not big on that music but I dont go around announcing it like my view on it is factual. People can like what they want.

I agree with you Riff Raff, the hate on Beiber only makes him more popular.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
^^^ It restores my faith in humanity to read these past few posts. You are the best :tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online