Mick Jagger hanging out with The Beiber

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
The mainstream has definitely turned to shit lately. All I hear on the radio now is a rap artist (who isn't singing about anything but girls and clubs), and pop stars. 107.7 isn't as bad though, still plays the rock and metal that I like. But there are at least 3 stations that play the same exact thing.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Yes that is what grinds my gears more than anything about the Bieber's and Montana's and before them the Jonas brothers, I have nothing personal against them but so many other Better musicians are out there making Great music and no one hears about them.

It's all about money, I think it's worse now than ever before.

Exactly. Like a prepackaged product from a factory with little to no talent. And then people wonder why some listen to "Dinosaur music"?

The worst Queen or Zeppelin song is better than any of this garbage these acts put out.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
I probably wasn't any better by giving you a hard time about it. That in itself made it a bigger issue than it was intended. Joke or not, I could have just let it fly by. So I suppose were both at fault. But, I think we can just put it behind us and move on.

Yes, we are all cool and the gang. :grinthumb

02-0273.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
The mainstream has definitely turned to shit lately. All I hear on the radio now is a rap artist (who isn't singing about anything but girls and clubs), and pop stars. 107.7 isn't as bad though, still plays the rock and metal that I like. But there are at least 3 stations that play the same exact thing.

First of all - rap isn't singing. It's just spoken text without any message. :heheh:

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Is this a bad time to confess I like Cypress hill ? :uh:
This is for Justin ....

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
First of all - rap isn't singing. It's just spoken text without any message. :heheh:

Not necessarily:

The rap on the radio and in the mainstream, sure. But not all rap and hip hop is bad.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
That was on my mind. Surely 2pac is one of the rappers that had a clear message, but not my type.

Than I can agree with you on that. The stuff they put on the radio is just terrible. And it's not even just rap. It's a lot of music that is "big" nowadays. Though oddly enough, to be fairly on topic, I don't think i've heard a Justin Bieber song on the radio. Granted I don't listen to the radio very much.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am almost tempted to use that quote in my signature Nololob...:lmao:

I won't say anything else, everyone in the forum knows my opinion on that genre already.;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this a bad time to confess I like Cypress hill ? :uh:

:eek:

you're not kidding are you! I remember when they got banned from Saturday Night Live....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online