Metallica (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Dave doesn't hate any of them now thankfully. People need to move on from that rivalry.

No offense to E-Z, this is a general observation: It's so damn tiring when people, or the press, keeps bringing up an age-old rivalry. The same goes for stories about Plant not wanting a Led Zeppelin reunion, Gillan not wanting Blackmore back etc. etc. Move on people!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Disposable Heroes Remastered

Take note Mustaine this is how you do remasters without compromising the sound of the drums. I may end up picking up these new deluxe versions of the 80s albums. They probably will thankfully remaster And Justice too.
Hopefully remaster AJFA in a proper manner.

BTW, I saw that the remastered MoP set has "20 hours of music" and is priced out around $140. Comes out in less than a month.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully remaster AJFA in a proper manner.

BTW, I saw that the remastered MoP set has "20 hours of music" and is priced out around $140. Comes out in less than a month.
Has lots of good shit with it like demos and live tracks. I am definitely going to pick it up as well as the remasters for Kill and Lightning.

E-Z

Reaction score
No offense to E-Z, this is a general observation: It's so damn tiring when people, or the press, keeps bringing up an age-old rivalry. The same goes for stories about Plant not wanting a Led Zeppelin reunion, Gillan not wanting Blackmore back etc. etc. Move on people!
Yeah point taken SDM & Riff Raff about the old gripe about Dave Mustaine and Metallica, that quote from Dave Mustaine about Kirk Hammett was from an old interview that I read but I was more interested in Dave's observations that Kirk Hammett had basically played his guitar lines on the KILL E'M ALL album cos I've never heard that before not being a hardcore Metallica fan.

E-Z

Last edited:

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
6953907426.gif

482007_10151515869359444_2128483099_n.jpg

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I like Metallica and their orchestral early albums but a lot of their discography is of poor quality. I never really got into them as much as Megadeth, whose discography is much more accessible and listenable.

The rivalry is unbecoming at this point, anyway. Dave made the better band out of immense downfall and concocted emotions but I'm glad they're on better terms now. They deserve each other lol.

As for remasters, Metallica is better at rejuvenating their tunes than Megadeth. Dave kind of flunked on drums on a lot of the remastered content.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like Metallica and their orchestral early albums but a lot of their discography is of poor quality. I never really got into them as much as Megadeth, whose discography is much more accessible and listenable.

The rivalry is unbecoming at this point, anyway. Dave made the better band out of immense downfall and concocted emotions but I'm glad they're on better terms now. They deserve each other lol.

As for remasters, Metallica is better at rejuvenating their tunes than Megadeth. Dave kind of flunked on drums on a lot of the remastered content.
Not just the drums but he ****** up with the Rust In Peace remaster. Changed lyrics and vocal tracks. Its not horrible but its not good either. That's not a good way to remaster.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Not just the drums but he ****** up with the Rust In Peace remaster. Changed lyrics and vocal tracks. Its not horrible but its not good either. That's not a good way to remaster.

I HATE the remastered vocals on Lucretia.

I really like the Holy Wars and Hangar 18 remasters though. Everything else I don't care for.

Glad to see you feel the same about remasters... From another big Megadeth fan.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I HATE the remastered vocals on Lucretia.

I really like the Holy Wars and Hangar 18 remasters though. Everything else I don't care for.

Glad to see you feel the same about remasters... From another big Megadeth fan.
The booming sound on Peace Sells the song was also removed which pissed me off. lol
Yep I feel they dropped the ball on some of those remasters. Albums like So Far, Countdown, Youth, Cryptic and Risk remasters I have not such problems with or even the Killing one its mostly Rust and Peace Sells.

Metallica here at least enhanced the sound without compromising it, brought the bass a bit more into the mix.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online