Metallica (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ronnie Rising medley:

James sounds amazing, it's the best production they've had in 16 years, you can hear Rob, this is just killer.

I was reading about this today. This song will appear on a killer Dio tribute album "This Is Your Life" which is due for release April 1, 2014. The proceeds of the album will go to the Stand Up and Shout Cancer fund.

Covers track list:

1. “Neon Knights” – Anthrax*
2. “The Last In Line” – Tenacious D*
3. “The Mob Rules” – Adrenaline Mob
4. “Rainbow In The Dark” – Corey Taylor, Roy Mayorga, Satchel, Christian Martucci, Jason Christopher*
5. “Straight Through The Heart” – Halestorm*
6. “Starstruck” – Motörhead with Biff of Saxon*
7. “Temple Of The King” – Scorpions*
8. “Egypt (The Chains Are On)” – Doro
9. “Holy Diver” – Killswitch Engage
10. “Catch the Rainbow” – Glenn Hughes, Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Scott Warren*
11. “I” – Jimmy Bain, Oni Logan, Rowan Robertson, Brian Tichy*
12. “Man On The Silver Mountain” – Rob Halford, Vinny Appice, Doug Aldrich, Jeff Pilson, Scott Warren*
13. “Ronnie Rising Medley (featuring “A Light in the Black”, “Tarot Woman”, “Stargazer”, “Kill the King”)”– Metallica*
14. “This Is Your Life” – Dio

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apart from Adrenaline Mob, good set there of covers.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Not at all looking forward to Tenacious D doing The Last in Line. Much of the album looks cool, the song I am most looking foward to is Man on the Silver Mountain with Halford and crew

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I have to say something about Garage Inc.

I really enjoy listening to both CDs even today. And honestly, I prefer most of these covers to the original versions, for example: Turn The Page, Whiskey In The Jar, Astronomy. Metallica delivered a fantastic set of covers here.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I have to say something about Garage Inc.

I really enjoy listening to both CDs even today. And honestly, I prefer most of these covers to the original versions, for example: Turn The Page, Whiskey In The Jar, Astronomy. Metallica delivered a fantastic set of covers here.

i was one of those guys who didn't like their change of direction in 1996 and I never bothered to buy or listen to Load and Reload. I did however slowly start to dig Disc 1 of Garage Inc and after a few years of letting that grow on me, I was able to take on the Load albums and I like 'em now, thanks to Garage Inc.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tenacious D cover was pretty damn good.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not at all looking forward to Tenacious D doing The Last in Line. Much of the album looks cool, the song I am most looking foward to is Man on the Silver Mountain with Halford and crew

Tenacious D version I actually really loved.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Well this is awesome

Hmm, unsure about their cover of In My Life :think: although James' falsetto-style "In My Life" at the end is bob-on :grinthumb. Metallica getting funky with I Just Want To Celebrate :bonk: :bonk::bonk:

When a Blind Man Cries is absolutely top-notch - fantastic! Great to hear these :tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online