METAL EVOLUTION Documentary Series

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
A large number of the Sunset bands just wanted to look like and sound like girls with very little influence of the Glam Rock of the 70's coming through ,IMO. :heheh:

I don't know your history but I remember you saying you were a glam metaller at some point in the past, so I was just clarifying that it was not meant as an attack, insult, or whatever, but just my own opinion, somethings get misconstrued on the web. :cheers2

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Pantera and Alice In Chains started out glam.... can't be anything wrong with it. ;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yah that's right AAG..and again Wolf....I didn't take offense at all brother.

:grinthumb :cheers2

opera races

Reaction score
I think this is the first time in the 2-1/2 years since I gave up cable TV that I'm ALMOST sorry I don't have cable!

Unfortunately it appears that they are not going to show full episodes online for now. Or is the availability limited and I am missing them?

I did watch the NWOBHM "clip" on the VH1 site and was pleased that it happened to include commentary with Brian Tatler (Diamond Head)! A friend of mine with cable told me there is quite a bit of commentary by Brian in the complete episode.

As to which bands are in and which seem to be left out ... I think it is similar to the Behind The Music series in which it is a matter of who is available to be interviewed and/or who agrees to be interviewed ...

LOL while the discussion is on glam, I was also cable TV-challenged when glam metal was at its peak and seldom went to any live shows or concerts - pretty much living under a rock on another planet from the mid-80's to early 90's. The bands I got into at that time I had to go pretty much strictly by what I heard and liked on the radio - mainly Great White, Cinderella and Tesla. I realize some bands were lumped in with glam metal simply because they were around at the same time. It was something of a shock for me when I first got a look at Warrant years after the fact! (I didn't realize the same band that did Uncle Tom's Cabin also did Cherry Pie!)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
so far I've seen very little about Blue Oyster Cult, I think he mentioned them once and showed a live photo and that was it. OK, a documentary about the history of metal and no BOC? that's just wrong.....

joe

Reaction score
so far I've seen very little about Blue Oyster Cult, I think he mentioned them once and showed a live photo and that was it. OK, a documentary about the history of metal and no BOC? that's just wrong.....

IIRC BOC was mentioned in the 2nd. episode. Don`t quote me on that.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
IIRC BOC was mentioned in the 2nd. episode. Don`t quote me on that.

I think that they just flashed a VERY quick photo of them without even mentioning their name but I'll have to re-watch to be 100% sure they didn't mention them in passing.

joe

Reaction score
"When I'm driving in rush hour traffic, I want to kill everybody." (or something along that line) - Kerry King

I thought the thrash episode was very well done. Took me back to the days when I first heard Metallica's 'Kill 'Em All' and Slayer's 'Reign In Blood'. Two albums that "knocked for me six" when they were released.

The Grunge episode is up next.

BTW: I see that Dunn is also a reviewer at the All Music Guide.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I also remember the day Kill 'Em All came out joe, very well!

It was in the metal bin....at my favorite record store and the cover was shocking at the time...the band looked cool and I dug the song titles. Didn't hear a single track until I got it home and I was like :pullhair:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Kill em All is a classic. Still my favorite Metallica ...I'm still waiting for the thrash
episode to air this coming Saturday night. We are lagging behind the rest of North America, it seems.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirvu Alex

Members online

No members online now.