Megadeth's Dave Mustaine calls a fan "Faggot"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's why I qualified what I said, if you are disrupting the show then you should get tossed. When you express frustration that's different, when you buy a ticket it does entitle you to certain liberties, like booing if the band sucks or wrecks a song.

Both parties share blame in this, the drunken fool for whining about technical problems, Mustaine for reacting...well like he always does, poorly. Ian Anderson would have made a witty remark which made everyone smile and then moved on, that is how you deal with this kind of thing.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^That's why I qualified what I said, if you are disrupting the show then you should get tossed. When you express frustration that's different, when you buy a ticket it does entitle you to certain liberties, like booing if the band sucks or wrecks a song.

Both parties share blame in this, the drunken fool for whining about technical problems, Mustaine for reacting...well like he always does, poorly. Ian Anderson would have had a witty remark which made everyone smile and then moved on, that is how you deal with this kind of thing.

I see what you're getting at and I agree. As said I think Mustaine using the term faggot was over the top. There could have been gay people in the crowd he may have offended with that remark. Dave doesn't piss me off too much though because he does do good things for the younger fans at shows.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Indeed I'm sure he's not all bad.

It always amazes me how a word can have such an effect, you aren't physically injuring someone after all, it's just a series of modulated sounds we make to communicate. And to top it all off, the term "faggot" used to mean a bundle of sticks, like the picture on Led Zep IV, and in England "fag" used to mean cigarette. Funny how a word can be transmuted to mean something different in a few decades.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^ That's a little bit of where it came from LG. There were gay burnings, kinda like witch burnings....fags meaning sticks...sticks to burn...one stick is a faggot or something?? I could be wrong. Anyway, it's a pretty brutal word when we know what else is implied here.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just wonder if Eminem will have something to say about this......afterall Mustaine did say the fan looked like Eminem....%&^* more explicit language........

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Sox & I considered buying tickets for this gig, but it was standing only & my back won't take it :(

Can't blame Mustaine for getting majorly pissed off when the interruption to the concert was out of his hands, the kid sounds like an annoying little oik.

Ian Anderson would have made a witty remark which made everyone smile and then moved on, that is how you deal with this kind of thing.

I tend to get the impression he's not blessed with a quick-thinking wit like Ian, or if he is his short temper puts paid to making any off-hand witticisms, with his mouth, instead, usually engaging to unleash a vulgar tirade :heheh:

I wonder if Dave realises a faggot over here is a meatball-like food :)

4l5xj.jpg

Reaction score
Who the f*ck cares what Mustaine called that dude, seriously... it's a f*ckin metal show, some asswipe mouths off and some assclown responds.. it's how it should be! IF they wanted to take it to the next level then Dave should have jumped offstage and confronted the asshole with something he ain't happy about. It's so easy for all the "pc" puppets to sit back on the internet and say "oh he should not have said that!" blah blah ... it's only because clueless morons these days whip out their cameras set them to video and record every fu_cking thing done by a human these days and then judge from the comfort of their armchairs.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Despite my opinion on what Dave said regarding the term faggot, the guy deserved exactly what he got with everything else Dave called him. I hate people who go to concerts just to do that stuff. It was a lighting issue the band couldn't help which does not justify the stupid tool in the crowd booing and heckling and all the other crap he was doing. He deserved to get kicked out just like anyone else who does that. To be fair on Dave he gets people throwing stuff at his guitars from time to time so you can't blame him for his reactions honestly. Anyone who heckles or throws shit at the band should be ejected from the show instantly.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Who the f*ck cares what Mustaine called that dude, seriously... it's a f*ckin metal show, some asswipe mouths off and some assclown responds.. it's how it should be! IF they wanted to take it to the next level then Dave should have jumped offstage and confronted the asshole with something he ain't happy about. It's so easy for all the "pc" puppets to sit back on the internet and say "oh he should not have said that!" blah blah ... it's only because clueless morons these days whip out their cameras set them to video and record every fu_cking thing done by a human these days and then judge from the comfort of their armchairs.

So just because we have an opinion about Mustaine's lack of class we're "pc" puppets??

If this was an isolated incident then I wouldn't care, but Mustaine loves to dish it out but has a really hard time taking it.

I will agree at a metal concert you are more likely to get this kind idiotic fan spouting rubbish, goes with the territory.

Just about every time Mustaine opens his mouth to say something at his concerts there's a very good chance he'll say something stupid.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online