Megadeth's Dave Mustaine calls a fan "Faggot"

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Well that's certainly not going to endear him to me. A few good songs but I've always preferred Metallica and Slayer.

But really, people slip up, it happens. Look at Michael Richards. These things are just in the heat of the moment and most likely don't result from deep-seated convictions. Doesn't make you a bad person, just makes you a weakling.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Sometimes when you're in the moment, you just pick the first insult that comes into your head, in this case it was faggot. It seems funny that he called the fan a ****, but nothing is said about that, call someone a faggot and it's a big deal. I know loads of people that find one of those words very offensive, and strangely it's not faggot.

Saw Megadeth on Thursday and they took the roof off Brixton. London crowds are always well up for Megadeth shows, and after last years personal disappointments with Megadeth it was great to see them fired up again.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
People are making too big a thing of what Mustaine's reaction was. Its his band, his show that he is trying to put on for the fans and has a right to expect people at the shows to be conducting themselves decently. If you go to heckle and taunt the band you deserve to be kicked out of the show. He may have gone a little extreme with the insults but honestly the guy deserved everything he got, just like the morons who throw shit at his guitar at shows.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
My friend saw them play in Newcastle England last week and he said the sound was unlistenable. Maybe they need a new sound man and Mustaine wouldn't need to get angry.

Last edited:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
People are making too big a thing of what Mustaine's reaction was. Its his band, his show that he is trying to put on for the fans and has a right to expect people at the shows to be conducting themselves decently. If you go to heckle and taunt the band you deserve to be kicked out of the show. He may have gone a little extreme with the insults but honestly the guy deserved everything he got, just like the morons who throw shit at his guitar at shows.

I agree. Everyone is piling on Dave and nobody seems to think that the fan was acting like a total a--hole and deserved to be singled out and kicked out.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
The two aren't mutually exclusive. The fan was being an asshole and Dave was as well.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree. Everyone is piling on Dave and nobody seems to think that the fan was acting like a total a--hole and deserved to be singled out and kicked out.

Exactly. I don't think Dave was being that much of an asshole as much as the fan was. At times Dave can be but I don't think he was this time.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online