Manfred Mann's Earth Band (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Manfred Mann's Earth Band

You are right that is a Dylan song Craig. I am the opposite, those two old songs are all of the early material I need. MMEB I like much more, seeing I have 8 of their CD's that's no surprise.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I'm among those who think of Manfred Mann as a '60s' band. Thanks to Astrid for finally posting a mention of "Do Wahh Diddy Diddy" and my own favorite, "The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)" which, if I'm not mistaken, was written by Bob Dylan.

Thanks for reminding me 'Quinn' was a Dylan song !:grinthumb

Thanks to knowledgable people..I learn alot :)
I too think of Manfred Mann as mostly a 60's band..and am vague on the Earth Band era..as I mentioned to Z

Lord G :bow: I'm Not Worthy lol

Fever

Reaction score

Thanks for reminding me 'Quinn' was a Dylan song !:grinthumb

Thanks to knowledgable people..I learn alot :)
I too think of Manfred Mann as mostly a 60's band..and am vague on the Earth Band era..as I mentioned to Z

Lord G :bow: I'm Not Worthy lol

So is You Angel You that Mann covered

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I've only heard Blinded By The Light before but I really dig this band! Such a big sound and a great vocalist! :grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score

Not Manfred Mann's Earth Band but it's Chris Thompson(one of the bands vocalists) doing You're The Voice.He wrote the song but John Farnham had a hit with it in Australia.

Chris-solo

Fever

Reaction score

Sorry to get off topic but here is another Chris Thompson song-Thunderchild off Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I love Jeff Wayne's musical version of that H.G. Wells story Fever, and Thunderchild was one of the best songs for sure. Didn't like the remake with newer artists as much though.:nw:

Fever

Reaction score

I love Jeff Wayne's musical version of that H.G. Wells story Fever, and Thunderchild was one of the best songs for sure. Didn't like the remake with newer artists as much though.:nw:

I never heard the remake but I do have the original on cd.

elfranco

Reaction score

The song (you're a) Rebel from the Afrika album was from a flick. I dug the tune because it had some nice sax riffs in it. Rock with the Mann.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

Manfred Mann's Earth Band are one of my all-time favourite bands. I am old enough to remember the Mike D'Abo-era of the original Manfred Mann band, which I really like(d). The Paul Jones-era and Chapter Three were never really to my taste, despite the presence of McGuinness Flint and Mike Hugg. However, Earth Band seemed fantastic when they broke through with Solar Fire and Joybringer. Despite losing the great Mick Rogers, they acquired one of the best progressive rock singers ever with Chris Thompson. It was MMEB heaven when Rogers rejoined and they were both in the band at the same time. I've got most of their albums and seen them live a number of times, but it is difficult to single out a best album as they are all good. If you pressed me I might go for The Good Earth.

Mick Rogers formed the highly-rated Aviator and made an album of Hendrix covers with Pat Travers. That's a phenomenal pairing, but to my knowledge they did not record any new material.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online