Masterpiece 70's Studio Albums

E-Z

Reaction score
Absolutely E-Z... an album that was not a concept one.... but kinda is.... it flows naturally, got a new version a while back... Has been my Garage companion for several weeks.
Nai you have an impeccable taste in rock, soul & pop music of the last 60 years so your acknowledgement of this album being a 'classic' is definitely a recommendation to listen to this album.

Agree all 8 tracks have a 'natural flow' from one track to the next until by Lady Love leading into Little Bit Of Sympathy the boys leave the listener on a HIGH as the record plays out!!.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Probably subjective... and personal, many of my considered best studio Lps.. didn't have that status at the time- such was the wealth of talent... and sheer release volume each week... or day in many cases.Offerings by Dylan or Chicago, slipped thru 'the net until you heard them at a mates or from the shop speakers themselves.
Oddly enough, lots of Quo albums have fillers... stones were guilty of that also.
These i mention have lasted longer in my possession than women!

Fragile, Demons & Wizards, Ziggy Stardust, Argus, Vol 4, Sticky Fingers, Who's Next, Foxtrot, Machine Head, Queen ll, Oxygene and Physical Graffiti.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Nai you have an impeccable taste in rock, soul & pop music of the last 60 years so your acknowledgement of this album being a 'classic' is definitely a recommendation to listen to this album.

Agree all 8 tracks have a 'natural flow' from one track to the next until by Lady Love leading into Little Bit Of Sympathy the boys leave the listener on a HIGH as the record plays out!!.
Hey E-Z... the long haired dude Southern Comfort, rates this album too, and he's a funky bass player who knows his onions, everytime I play the album, I hear something new.

E-Z

Reaction score
Hey E-Z... the long haired dude Southern Comfort, rates this album too, and he's a funky bass player who knows his onions, everytime I play the album, I hear something new.
Yeah I have noticed that Southern Comfort likes his soul & funk and Robin Trower's guitar work especially during the 1970s was quite 'funky' within a rock context. I read a interview by Rustee Allen a funky black bass player who played in Sly Stone's band around 1974 after Larry Graham the seminal bass player had left Sly saying that he (Rustee) had 'picked up' on how funky Robin and his band sounded after listening to them on tapes while 'on the road' and who even went as far as to join Robin's band for two albums In City Dreams 1977 & Caravan To Midnight 1978 which are more R&B sounding rather than mainstream heavy rock.

Bass player Rustee Allen's home website that features pictures of Rustee on stage with Robin Trower during 1977 under 'Gallery' - http://www.rusteeallen.com/home/about/

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online