Malware warning

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I went to post in the "What are you listening to" thread and got a malware warning concerning Apelzin.ru (??)

Anybody else get this warning today?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Just did! :) One of the people who last posted on that page needs to remove/switch up that image. I left a message for the last user I saw in there. I've had this happen before and that's all it took. Hopefully all of the members who were in that thread will see this and refer to it.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I have removed the post that created the problem. Turns out a member had linked to a russian site called Apelzin.ru, which caused the malware warning. I'll PM the member to make sure there won't be any links from that page again. Of course everyone else should also avoid linking to that page.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I think we should have a new rule. Can't post links until you reach 500 or 1,000 posts. That would cut down on the spambots a lot!

I've seen about 10 shady links so far since returning to this site. I think this rule would greatly reduce the risks of loyal CRF members getting there computers attacked.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
:woot: 500 is waaaaaaay too much!

Even if it were even as low as 20, I don't think I could have stuck it out.

What about not allowing hot-linking. To me, it sounds like the culprit was a hot-linked image originating on a suspicious site.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
:woot: 500 is waaaaaaay too much!

Even if it were even as low as 20, I don't think I could have stuck it out.

What about not allowing hot-linking. To me, it sounds like the culprit was a hot-linked image originating on a suspicious site.

No hot-linking is fine with me.

Let's say 100 posts then.

It seems like half the new members who join are bots or people trying to get us to click shady links anyways.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online