Linda Ronstadt (Offiicial Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to see you get some Linda in your collection Sooty.:D

I love Roy Orbison, but I think Linda's cover of Blue Bayou is even better than his original.:bow:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
yeah, I can dig me some LR. Grew up hearing her songs on the radio in the 70's and I have a few Greatest Hits and Best Of's on vinyl.

Radagast

Reaction score
I wish the beautiful lady all the best and must say how much I value her work.
I hope she knows that her loyal fans stand by her and that listening to her music still remains on the menu !

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
An amazing vocalist with an astounding range of style.She could execute soft ballads such as "Long Long Time" as well as she could sing more powerful material such as "You're No Good","That'll Be the Day" and "When Will I Be Loved?"Always a big fan of her big hit with the Stone Poneys,the Mike Nesmith written "Different Drum".Any greatest hits compilation here is sure to please anyone with the general tastes of anyone on this site.So sad she can't sing anymore.Tragic loss for the music world.Almost as if she passed away..................

Gibraltar

Reaction score
Just found this thread, and I have to say that Linda has been unbelievably underrated in the U.K. She did a couple of gigs here in 1976, one in London and one in Birmingham, but chart wise, apart from a couple of duets which didn’t show her full vocal range, it was pretty disappointing. Her discography covers so many styles, and at home she is a legend. Her albums with Nelson Riddle and the Mexican collections are simply stunning, and should be checked out by anyone interested in good melodic singing.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online