Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Linda+Ronstadt+Linda.jpg

Official Website

Discography

Linda Ronstadt's music career began in 1967 and hasn't stopped. Her career now spans more than 4 decades and no other female in music has had such a diversified career. She began in the 60's with a folk-rock band, The Stone Ponys. After the break up of the Stone Pony's she went country, and was the first female to release an alternative country album.

Linda's career skyrocketed in the 1970's, when she became the first female rock superstar. Linda was the biggest selling female vocalist of the 70's. She became known as the "Queen of rock".

Linda's career took a more eclectic turn in the 80's, where she has done work in R&B, Country, Miriachi music, Orchestrated music, and Pop music as well as continue her rock stardom. Her music releases of the 80's has out sold her work of the 70's.

Linda has amassed a huge array of awards in her 4 decade career and has lent her voice to over 120 albums world wide. All of her achievements has made her one of the biggest selling women in rock history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Linda Ronstadt

51owiLq62hL._SS500_.jpg

Her first solo release in 1969. This album is history for female musicians since it was the first alternative country album by a female.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I only have her first Greatest Hits CD, but all the songs are great.

Love her cover of Blue Bayou as well, a little more than Roy's original even.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

She had a bunch of good songs, but my favorite has always been and will always be You're No Good

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is one song that I thought VH did a mediocre cover of on VH II...much prefer Linda's.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

That is one song that I thought VH did a mediocre cover of on VH II...much prefer Linda's.
I agree, it's mediocre compared to some of the other covers that they did, but I still dig it.

Of course, this is one case where the original is definitely better. :grinthumb

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

Heart Like a Wheel was my favorite album by Linda. I love the song "Willin" written by Lowell George.

Reaction score

I have yet to buy any of her albums, but I have a nice mix of songs and a bootleg, and I absolutely love her old stuff, and won't listen to, but can respect everything after the 70s.. I'm not sure why this cover of hers wasn't posted yet:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Linda's big commercial break came in 1974 with this album:

2980-1.jpg

Linda began to leave her country and folk roots behind and move to a more rock oriented formula. This album had the songs "Your're No Good", "When Will I Be Loved", and "Willin" (which was featured in the movie "The Abyss"). The title track off this album is simply beautiful.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.