Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

This is the first thread I looked for upon joining...given my handle and all. If not mentioned already, Jason Bonham and Nicole Scherzinger are currently doing "Black Dog" as a promo for the NBA playoffs.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score

I had three Zeppelin albums for years. Then my father left me his box set when he died.

Attachments

• zep-box-set-2010.jpg
    zep-box-set-2010.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 23

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

Definitely. Think I might listen to one when Crime Of The Century is done. Any suggestion?
I'd go with Physical Graffiti... It covered so many influences. Blues, funk, hard rock, folk... "Ten Years Gone" is so melancholy. To me that compares to "In My Life" by The Beatles in dealing with loss and looking back at a relationship with fondness...

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score

I'd go with Physical Graffiti... It covered so many influences. Blues, funk, hard rock, folk... "Ten Years Gone" is so melancholy. To me that compares to "In My Life" by The Beatles in dealing with loss and looking back at a relationship with fondness...

Sounds good. Thanks.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

On May 4, 1973

Led Zeppelin opened their 1973 North American tour, which was billed as the 'biggest and most profitable rock & roll tour in the history of the United States'. The group would gross over $4 million from the dates, flying between gigs in 'The Starship' a Boeing 720 passenger jet, complete with bar, shower room, TV and video in a 30' lounge and a white fur bedroom.

Source: This Day in Music.com

Last edited by a moderator:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

On this day the fifth of May 38 years ago, the band played at Tampa Stadium to 56,800. It broke The Beatles Shea Stadium record of the largest attendance record for a single artist performance.

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Grafting away at work the other day, feeling hot,tired and fed up .. this came on my mp3..

Instant Lift. Nearly as good as a cold Beer. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online