Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

Well, considering I have downloaded copies of both Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy. I'll go ahead and start reviewing:

61HCzjDUxdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One of the first Led Zeppelin albums I have gotten into recently, and I must say, it has caused me to purchase more of their work, even if their albums tend to sound different throughout. I really like the start of this one as well, with Custard Pie. It leaves me wanting more after it has ended, not to mention Plant sounds phenomenal. And of course, Jimmy Page and his guitar are something you cannot beat.

There is one song that sticks out the most for me, and that is Ten Years Gone. I don't know about you, but I think it starts out beautifully, and gradually gets better as the song goes on. I like when a song does that. It leaves me with a feeling of "wanting more", which of course I already did when I got to this track.

This review may be a bit short, but it's the first of many. I also feel like I could have put a bit more thought into it, but my mind is a bit off, so this'll have to do.​

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I think it'll more than do P&C I have had the album for 30 years and still never get tired of listening to it. With the end of each track I am eager for the start of the next .. that's never changed.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I think it'll more than do P&C I have had the album for 30 years and still never get tired of listening to it. With the end of each track I am eager for the start of the next .. that's never changed.

Its been a pretty good listen for me thus far. These reviews aren't going to be so accurate to people's opinions, I am mostly doing them as a "first listen" kind of thing. Than once I have listened to the albums enough, I will look back and notice how much has changed. It's sort of a "what ive learned about Zeppelin" kind of thing.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Its been a pretty good listen for me thus far. These reviews aren't going to be so accurate to people's opinions, I am mostly doing them as a "first listen" kind of thing. Than once I have listened to the albums enough, I will look back and notice how much has changed. It's sort of a "what ive learned about Zeppelin" kind of thing.

I wasn't the biggest fan of PG when I first heard it. I can't pinpoint it, but it just had a different vibe than the rest of LZ's albums. It took me a long time to warm up to it, to be honest. The Rover, Ten Years Gone, In The Light, Black Country Woman, etc., etc., etc... amazing album!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I wasn't the biggest fan of PG when I first heard it. I can't pinpoint it, but it just had a different vibe than the rest of LZ's albums. It took me a long time to warm up to it, to be honest. The Rover, Ten Years Gone, In The Light, Black Country Woman, etc., etc., etc... amazing album!

It could be that its the first album ive heard from them, so naturally itll be my favorite until proven otherwise. Though, In The Light just started playing. Loooooooooooooove it!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

It could be that its the first album ive heard from them, so naturally itll be my favorite until proven otherwise. Though, In The Light just started playing. Loooooooooooooove it!

Right? I like the different cultural influences they had goin' on on that one. Huge album in the rock world too!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Right? I like the different cultural influences they had goin' on on that one. Huge album in the rock world too!

For sure. The start of it instantly had me hooked. Plant sounds really really good in this album as well. That's just comparing to Houses of the Holy though, soooooo my opinion could mean shit right now :heheh:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It's not a big deal my young Led Head in training....:heheh:

I was just curious, although if you are buying them new I would have to think they are the remastered versions, which is fine, the main thing is you are Getting them.:hab:

Just got the rest of my order a little bit ago, and it says that Led Zeppelin IV, Coda, and Presence are digitally remastered.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Went on a huge "Led Zeppelin Journey" last night and I have so far concluded that these are my favorite albums as of late:

ledzep.jpgled_zeppelin_-_led_zeppelin_iv-front.jpg

I just like the feel of these two albums the most. Not to say the others weren't as good, but I felt myself feeling great with these playing through. May have to listen to them all again tonight. I'm definitely a huge fan of Zeppelin now :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online