Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

I agree Cream'd the early stuff is my fave as well and yeah that footage fantastic.

It's a cracker LG.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Nice mentions, guys! And nice to see the thread getting some activity. Zep will never die as long as the true LedHeads remain! :grinthumb

Actually I never really even cared for live albums until Led Zeppelin!
51EbTSdN1UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
600full-led-zeppelin-%22-bbc-sessions-%22-audiophile-200-gram-4-vinyl-record-albums-lp-box-set-(now-out-of-print-.jpg
Led_Zeppelin-The_Song_Remains_The_Same_3.jpg

I love the version of What Is And What Should Never Be on HTWWW, and Going to California on BBC sessions! It's such a pretty and subdued song as was perfect for live Zeppelin! Also, Bron-Y-Aur stomp is a foot-stompin' funfest on HTWWW! That album has so much pure energy and you could really feel it from both the band and the crowd! :)

I'm hoping Jimmy will authorize the release of the footage from the O2 Arena Ahmet Ertegun concert in '07. I've been dying to see it! But apparently Jimmy doesn't find any of the footage worthwhile. :uh:

Hardnecker

Reaction score

Nice mentions, guys! And nice to see the thread getting some activity. Zep will never die as long as the true LedHeads remain! :grinthumb

Actually I never really even cared for live albums until Led Zeppelin!
51EbTSdN1UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
600full-led-zeppelin-%22-bbc-sessions-%22-audiophile-200-gram-4-vinyl-record-albums-lp-box-set-(now-out-of-print-.jpg
Led_Zeppelin-The_Song_Remains_The_Same_3.jpg

I love the version of What Is And What Should Never Be on HTWWW, and Going to California on BBC sessions! It's such a pretty and subdued song as was perfect for live Zeppelin! Also, Bron-Y-Aur stomp is a foot-stompin' funfest on HTWWW! That album has so much pure energy and you could really feel it from both the band and the crowd! :)

I'm hoping Jimmy will authorize the release of the footage from the O2 Arena Ahmet Ertegun concert in '07. I've been dying to see it! But apparently Jimmy doesn't find any of the footage worthwhile. :uh:

For a band of such accolades their stint as a good live band was brief. Their first four years were solid. Their last five were plagued with either Roberts voice being subpar or Jimmy's drugs diminishing his performances or both on the same night. It's good most people have not heard these performances.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

For a band of such accolades their stint as a good live band was brief. Their first four years were solid. Their last five were plagued with either Roberts voice being subpar or Jimmy's drugs diminishing his performances or both on the same night. It's good most people have not heard these performances.

You are right about that Hardnecker, I can remember the talk in the press and amongst fans in general in the mid 70's about Zeppelin losing some of their stage presence. That's not to say they were gawd awful or anything, but not at the same level that helped them become the biggest hard rock band in the world.

All this talk about Zeppelin has me in the mood for an album...think I'll play II right now in fact.:D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Here's something I wanted an opinion on if any of you will:

My friend and I were talking the other day and I mentioned that I don't usually listen to metal and he said "You do if you listen to Led Zeppelin!" And I said "Zeppelin is a self-described blues/hard rock band." And he kept refuting me, stating they were a metal band! Now, I know they are considered one of the "forefathers of metal" (along with Sabbath and Purple) that laid the foundation for metal, but would you consider them metal by today's standards at all? Opinions! :think:

Thanks. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ I don't class them as such ,, but the term was I think first used in the late 60's to describe the new guitar sounds of players like Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton with Cream and such. Zep, Sab and Purple filled the space left and probably inherited the mantle. That's how I see it ?????

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

^^ I don't class them as such ,, but the term was I think first used in the late 60's to describe the new guitar sounds of players like Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton with Cream and such. Zep, Sab and Purple filled the space left and probably inherited the mantle. That's how I see it ?????

I was thinking that too, Sox! Much more heavy stuff coming out in that era that people weren't used to. However, I think the definition of metal has become more defined over the years to fit a specific general idea. And the guy I talked to is a huge metal fan! Hmm...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have always considered Led Zeppelin to be the best hard rock band in music history,,,but I do think they have some metal nuances as well. Some of the riffs Jimmy created are definitely metal to me.

Hard rock/proto metal is how I look at them.:peek

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ They definitely helped create the blueprint for what later became heavy metal along with a few others IMO.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Just arrived in the mail (still waiting for the rest):

led_zeppelin_ii.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member