Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

thanks for the boot, shadow, ill definitely be downloading that

That site has the entire Earl's Court recordings... twenty CD's worth. Everything has to be downloaded in order to reconstruct the files. I have bits and pieces from another source and will say it was among Zeppelin's best moments. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Released in 1971 a monster of an album and finally the critics agreed.

kdqq7n.jpg

Probably my favorite Zeppelin album Sox.:D

And as Magic pointed out LZ was one of the first bands to make references to J.R.R. Tolkien's masterpiece the Lord of the Rings. I have read those books I would say over 30 times at least. And in the modern musical era, many European bands have incorporated his literature into their music, Blind Guardian being one of them.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Oh most definitely. This song was never released on an album, just as a single's B-side. Great nevertheless, but they really should've included it on one of their albums

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Probably my favorite Zeppelin album Sox.:D

And as Magic pointed out LZ was one of the first bands to make references to J.R.R. Tolkien's masterpiece the Lord of the Rings. I have read those books I would say over 30 times at least. And in the modern musical era, many European bands have incorporated his literature into their music, Blind Guardian being one of them.

Too right LG, I must have read The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings a dozen times myself, Zep and Rush are the bands that spring to my mind but there was also a band that took their name from a prominent Tolkien character and they were quite progressive in their day I believe.

2v7v5w1.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score

Oh most definitely. This song was never released on an album, just as a single's B-side. Great nevertheless, but they really should've included it on one of their albums

I think they put it on Coda for the rerelease of it

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Too right LG, I must have read The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings a dozen times myself, Zep and Rush are the bands that spring to my mind but there was also a band that took their name from a prominent Tolkien character and they were quite progressive in their day I believe.

2v7v5w1.jpg

I like the cover of that one, and Gandalf is a great name for a prog band Sox.:D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

It's such a good tune Sunny I think it's well worth putting up again. :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518