Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

ishu161

Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

yeah....All my love is a really great song.....the chorus is addicting :)

Vic2010

Reaction score

Led Zep is my favorite hard rock/heavy rock band of all time. I think I was 12-13 years old when I heard "Black Dog" the first time and it felt like a sledgehammer. I'd never heard anything like that. Up to that point I'd heard Jimi Hendrix, Cream,Mountain, Blue Cheer, etc. All great, heavy bands, but nobody sound like Zeppelin.

I've gone through periods where my favorite album is Physical Graffiti, or sometimes it's Zep III. I think really my favorite has always been and will remain the fourth album. It was the first Zep album I ever owned and I think it sounds great.

Great band! I have the DVD they released a few years back and I also bought the Plant & Page DVD which I think is really awesome.:geetar::geetar:

Death on Credit

Reaction score

You know, for years, I thought that I hated Led Zeppelin. I respected them immensely as musicians, but I just couldn't take Plant's vocals. I like rough bluesy singers, like Dylan and Jagger, and Plant's voice, which sounds like he's actually had vocal training, irked me.

But, a few months ago, I found a copy of Houses of the Holy (which turned out to be Led Zeppelin IV in a Houses of the Holy sleeve), and out of curiosity I gave it a listen a couple of days ago. Now I'm rushing to buy all the Zeppelin vinyl that I can. I never thought I'd say this, but I love these guys.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I was in my local record shop earlier this week and a couple of fellers about 15/16 years old were flicking through the Zep section chatting over the merits of the band and they grew ever more exited as they went on. To me this is all the proof I need of the significant stamp Led Zeppelin have left in the music world. 30 years after calling it a day they are still happening.

Makes me wanna Boogie.:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

The Double album released in february 1975, a blinder of a record IMO, chock full of great tunes.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not a "Pearler" nor a "Belter" but a "Blinder"...:heheh:

I love the terminology you use to describe bands and songs.

I agree with you, a massive album by a band that still casts a giant shadow all these years later.:bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

MMMM .. A blinding pearler with some belting riffs from the riffmaster himself LG. This is one of my top double releases by any band, just fantastic.

MP edit: Dead video removed

:bow::bow::bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You left out "Corker"...:grinthumb

Yes unlike many double albums that one carries it's weight, no filler whatsoever.

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score

Ah, the Mighty Zeppelin. One of my all-time favorite top 3 bands.

I've had periods where I, ii, IV, Houses of the Holy, etc. were my favorite album by them.

I can't tell you how much I love this tune. The riff is so catchy, when I first learned how to play this song, I played it on my guitar almost every day for a year straight!

I never got to see Zep, but I saw Plant & Page on their tours together 3 times...some of the best shows I've ever been too.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Seriously FretBuzz...everday for a year, that is borderline Obsessive...:heheh:

Never seen LZ or Plant and Page, one of the glaring omissions on my concert resume I'm afraid.:(

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online