Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

Early Zeppelin showing their raw energy and almost hypnotic crowd appeal.

Edit - Removed dead video link - Riff Raff

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Immigrant Song takes me back. I remember before I had really started getting into classic rock I though the song was performed by Deep Purple :tongue: It was my first true taste of Zeppelin, and I haven't looked back since. Thank God for this song!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ It is a pearler PF, here's another from the album ...

I love the drum feel in this. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

:grinthumb^^^ Just happens to be my favourite song of all time PF and for me one of the greatest guitar breaks ever Jimmy excels. "Since Iv'e Been Loving You" Is epic. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

F

FoxyPage

How the hell have I not responded to this yet?

BEST GUITAR SOLO EVER.

Oh man, Jimmy performing = I need a towel.

I can't watch anymore, I'm going to faint.

Reaction score

my third favorite Zep song:grinthumb

first is Over The Hills and Far away, second Communication Breakdown, fourth Going To California, and I'm lost from there... too many:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

From the LZIV:

For some of you J. R. R. Tolkein fans, the Misty Mountains are mentioned in "The Return of the Kings"....and we all know how LZ uses a lot of Tolkein references in their songs :grinthumb

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score

I'll never forget the "Zeppelin vs. The Clash" war that was waged in the pages of Creem magazine back in the late 70s. Zealots on both sides of the fence, but I couldn't side with either, because I loved them both.

"Led Zeppelin IV" is one of most solid rock albums ever produced. Some folks like "Physical Graffiti" better, and that's all fine and good, but "IV" packs a whole lot more punch, IMO. I mean, come on...from "Black Dog" to (the incredible) "When the Levee Breaks" there's not a single sub-paar song in the lot.

My short takes:

"I"- Worth owning for Dazed and Confused if nothing else.
"II"- Always thought this one was overrated, but still a great record.
"III" - By contrast, "III" is underrated, but not by much. "Immigrant Song" saves it.
"IV" - See above
"Houses of the Holy" - Formidable follow-up to the classic "IV". Not quiiiite up there, but close. "No Quarter" is my favorite from this one.
"Physical Graffiti" - Sorry, folks...I think this one is spotty. 2 records is too much, for one thing. You can sort of hear the tension between the members by this time.
"Presence" - Tension remains, but I like this one a lot more than most people seem to. "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and "Achille's Last Stand" are a couple of their best.
"In Through The Out Door" - I'd kind of lost interest in Zep by the time this one came out, so I don't have a solid opinion. I do like "In the Evening" a lot, though I can't stand "Fool in the Rain" or ""All of My Love".
"Coda" - I've got the album but I can't say I've ever even listened to all of it.

Reaction score

That pretty much sums it up Jac:heheh:

my favorites are I and II though, even if they are a bit overrated:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online