Lana Del Rey

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: Lana Del Rey "Piloting The Time Machine"

I stumbled across it by chance Soots but I knew you'd appreciate it. For once I'm ahead of you. :****:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Someone on here will be very happy to know that Ms. Lana has a new album coming on January 30 titled "Born to Die". Here is the cover (and you get a bra shot Soots!)! :grinthumb

332ee14852fcb90a95280b8d343a3ba9.960x960x1.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Someone on here will be very happy to know that Ms. Lana has a new album coming on January 30 titled "Born to Die". Here is the cover (and you get a bra shot Soots!)! :grinthumb

lana-del-rey-born-to-die.jpg

:bow:

Not sure if I quite like the cover though at first glance. :think: I am happy about the movement towards an official album though! :D Thanks for the updates Jen! :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

No problem Forum Hubby. I will definitely check it out as I like her stuff you've introduced to us and I definitely like the new single! I also read she's been dubbed a "gangsta Nancy Sinatra". :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

No problem Forum Hubby. I will definitely check it out as I like her stuff you've introduced to us and I definitely like the new single! I also read she's been dubbed a "gangsta Nancy Sinatra". :heheh:

That makes sense! She's got that style with somewhat of a Hip-Hop beat! :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

She's touring here sometime soon and the tickets to her concerts were sold out almost as soon as they went on sale :omg:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I really cannot figure out how she went from virtually unknown to such a high level of buzz in almost no time flat without even having an album out yet. I like "Born To Die" but it sort of has this...movie soundtrack meets Bjork vibe to it and that sounds great but I feel like both that song as well as "Video Games" are a bit too long for their own good without significant enough musical changes.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

^^^^ I agree with you Harmony and I couldn't believe that her concerts were sold out so quickly here either. She certainly escaped under my radar. Do you think she will just be a flash in the pan?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I don't think she'll be a flash in the pan per say. I have a hunch that she is going to have a career in the area of Amy Winehouse. That kind of retro female singer who critics love and so do a lot of music fans but it'll cool off quite a bit quite quickly....or something along those lines is my prediction anyway.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online