Lana Del Rey

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: Lana Del Rey "Piloting The Time Machine"

I think I've only heard one Tori song in my entire life so I wouldn't really hear the similarities! :peek

:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

That's something I had neglected to mention in my previous post Soots. She does have that retro 60's babe thing going on to go with her unique sound. I can't really put my finger on who she most closely resembles vocally though, and it's bugging me. :bonk:

Did you listen to my Nancy Sinatra example because that's what I got out of it. Also that's who her image is supposed to resemble. Though the less slow the song is that's when she starts resembling the other artist both of you mentioned! :)

I think I've only heard one Tori song in my entire life so I wouldn't really hear the similarities! :peek

:heheh:

:omg: :wa

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Nice pick/thanks for the hook on fb Sooty :D

I first heard 'Stevie Nicks' tone to her voice...plus the shrill has ..a Pat Benatar opera strength...ever hear Wuthering Heights by Pat ? The Blue Jeans song has that feel /

and upon looking for this video..Kate Bush ? Yes Very Kate Bush gothic ..

yes the Tori bit kinda gels it up

and the look VERY VERY Nancy Sinatra ...

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Nice pick/thanks for the hook on fb Sooty :D

I first heard 'Stevie Nicks' tone to her voice...plus the shrill has ..a Pat Benatar opera strength...ever hear Wuthering Heights by Pat ? The Blue Jeans song has that feel /

and upon looking for this video..Kate Bush ? Yes Very Kate Bush gothic ..

yes the Tori bit kinda gels it up

and the look VERY VERY Nancy Sinatra ...

I have heard that song Astrid! :) It's awesome how many inflections of influences can make up one artists voice and it's almost an advantage of todays young artist that they can incorporate all those that came before them and their vocal tricks. I'm glad you liked it Astrid! I had a feeling. If nothing else when I see your woman of the 60's album I knew you'd at least appreciate the style and look if nothing else. :grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I have no problems with new generations influenced by the past..it's tuff to not do that imo..but the ones I SEEM to be attracted to ..are the ones blend their unique with their influences..this girl has alot of the right moves imo

and yet has something that puts her ahead of those usless divas dominating the pop charts..i mean if you hear one it sounds like the other ? so if i don't know them ,i think it's the same person most times..standing out in this generation seems to require wearing stupid costume or having some cheeky hook in a song..all been done before most times and better..sighhhh

anyway this artist seems to embrace the good things in pop w/o getting sucked into the diva thing ..yet :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I really like this live version of this track. You get a clearer version of her vocal, hear the words and phrasing better and I think it's sounds better for it. A very distinct, sexy vocal!

Video Games (Live)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I came across a new Lana video Sooty, and it's wonderful! I'm sure you have already seen it but I watched it a few times I enjoyed it so much, and it's definitely a step up from that boring video formula she went with before and a lot more creative IMO. I can definitely hear traces of Stevie in this one to go with the Stevie comparison. I may have to purchase me some Lana now. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I came across a new Lana video Sooty, and it's wonderful! I'm sure you have already seen it but I watched it a few times I enjoyed it so much, and it's definitely a step up from that boring video formula she went with before and a lot more creative IMO. I can definitely hear traces of Stevie in this one to go with the Stevie comparison. I may have to purchase me some Lana now. :grinthumb

Great find Jen! :) I haven't seen this yet but this must be an official first single for the official album. It has a more crossover sound while still keep the unmistakable seductive vocal that gives her the retro vibe. The music itself is more understated being layered with more beats. It's definitely her pop single. I like it though as it's still different from everything out there now. The video definitely had a higher budget greenlighted than the others. :D Thanks for posting this Jen! It's a cool track and let's me know the album is on the way! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online