Lady Gaga egged in AUS Muhahah

dj44

Reaction score
Oh, and I must say: these people BOUGHT TICKETS to her show and then egged her? Gaga tickets probably aren't cheap. Who's the winner here? Why didn't they just wait to egg her while she was out on the town or something?

Gaga is laughing all the way to the bank! :oyea:

Good point... that's an expensive way to get y'self some eggin' fun!! Having said that, I'm an Aussie and I've NEVER taken eggs to a show - whisky, maybe, but not eggs... I promise it's not a national tradition... :D

dj44

Reaction score
btw, I never threw the whisky either... underwear, maybe...

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
And isn't THAT a sad commentary on the current state of pop music.

I don't think pop music has ever been meant to be a serious art form like rock music. :)

At least not contemporary pop, anyway.

I listen to it just for the enjoyment. I don't want to come out of it having drawn some profound meaning.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
And isn't THAT a sad commentary on the current state of pop music.

Thankfully she's only an icon for "current" pop music (not that I don't like her, her music is very catchy). I'm sure a few years ago, it would be a much more respected genre than it is now. Or a lot of years ago, in the Nsync and Backstreet Boys time.

I'm going off topic. My apologies.

I think pop music is just as important as any other genre, it just depends on who you listen to, and what you can gain and appreciate from it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ Pop music is at the roots of some of my only good memories of childhood, and even today my friends and I take frequent strolls down memory lane from it. It's all a generational gap thing I think. Different age groups will always disagree on music at some point or another.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^^^ Pop music is at the roots of some of my only good memories of childhood, and even today my friends and I take frequent strolls down memory lane from it. It's all a generational gap thing I think. Different age groups will always disagree on music at some point or another.

That much is definitely true. We grew up with some of pop music's finest, like Nsync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc. And even Justin Timberlake if you'd consider him pop. But nowadays it's become more of a money maker. And unfortunately, artists nowadays are taking advantage of that. At least in my opinion.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That much is definitely true. We grew up with some of pop music's finest, like Nsync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc. And even Justin Timberlake if you'd consider him pop. But nowadays it's become more of a money maker. And unfortunately, artists nowadays are taking advantage of that. At least in my opinion.

Sorry to say it, but those acts were all moneymakers. The guy that put together both of those boy groups did it to **** them out and make money. :oyea:

But I mostly love pop from the 80's. That was THE best era in pop music with such an extensive selection of iconic tunes. I could never pick my favorite.

Gaga's stuff is good for me, though her first album was far superior than this new one. She's weird and it works.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Sorry to say it, but those acts were all moneymakers. The guy that put together both of those boy groups did it to **** them out and make money. :oyea:

But I mostly love pop from the 80's. That was THE best era in pop music with such an extensive selection of iconic tunes. I could never pick my favorite.

Gaga's stuff is good for me, though her first album was far superior than this new one. She's weird and it works.

No you're right. I was using them as an example more for the point when you said about it being part of the childhood. They were moneymakers as much as the current pop artists.

There's a lot of great pop in the 80's, i'd have to explore it more than I have, but I agree with you for the most part.

And I don't mind Gaga's first two albums. Unfortunately her most recent one is not one I particularly like all that much.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimManess3

Staff online