Katy Perry (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
CH is going to cream me for this one. :D

In my endless efforts to **** my greatest musical guilty pleasure, I give you... Katy Perry singing Queen! :heheh:

It's not the greatest, in fact it's quite horrible... but I had to post it. :grinthumb

*Whew*.. I'm glad you said it Jim'sBoo.. That wasn't really a song for her type of singing.. IMO..:peek

Clarasy

Reaction score
damn OP she is not even a rock star...
But she is pretty tho, her music is.... eh...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
damn OP she is not even a rock star...
But she is pretty tho, her music is.... eh...

She most certainly is a star...everyone knows who you mean when you just say "Katy" that's the tell tale sign you've made it to the big leagues.

Pop is part of rock music, albeit the lines get blurred a lot over the decades.

Clarasy

Reaction score
She most certainly is a star...everyone knows who you mean when you just say "Katy" that's the tell tale sign you've made it to the big leagues.

oh well. id say she is a pop star. i don't think pop is part of rock music. maybe you are right that there have blurred lines, im not into label-produced pop music at all tho

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

It needs to be said. Someone has to say it loud and proud.

"Best thing to hit pop music since Madonna!"

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Funny thing is Clarasy, I didn't even put this thread into 2000's rock. It was moved here. ;)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
oh well. id say she is a pop star. i don't think pop is part of rock music. maybe you are right that there have blurred lines, im not into label-produced pop music at all tho

Pop rock is a music genre which mixes a catchy pop style and light lyrics in its (typically) guitar-based rock songs. There are varying definitions of the term, ranging from a slower and mellower form of rock music to a subgenre of pop music. Scholars have noted that pop and rock are usually depicted as opposites; the detractors of pop often deride it as a slick, commercial product, less authentic than rock

Mmm.

Clarasy

Reaction score
ohhh.. my bad, sorry. :)
I just don't like pop at all. everyone has his own taste.:)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
My primary genre of choice is rock Clarasy but I've always found a little variety to be the spice of life, and there's a place for a little bit of every genre in my music library. :)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I like to describe my approach to music with the old bible quote... "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, render unto God that which is God's..."

Paramore would never be able to achieve ethereal transcendent jams like Crazy Horse, and Neil Young will never master the art of the catchy chorus like Paramore. If Katy Perry sounded like Pink Floyd I'm not sure I'd have a place for her in my collection... I already have a Pink Floyd, you see, and they are quite excellent at what they do... so much so as to make similar offerings obsolete. ;) lol :)

If people don't personally dig on pop music that's a-okay. I don't dig on every genre either. But for me it's pretty incredible. The hook is something that is important throughout music, all the way into black metal and noise. And I've been really impressed with, after more than a decade of exploring music, finally arriving upon the hook in its purest, most unadulterated form.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fungusexodus

Members online