Karaoke and You

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I went out for karaoke tonight again. Tonight I sang:

Honestly, with my competition there I actually stood out as above average. :heheh: My friend is awesome though and always stands out. he tells me I'm not as bad as I act like I am. On "Aeroplane" I had my timing off at the beginning but "Zero" is second nature to me and was my best. I tried "One" for the first time and I thought it was a good effort by me considering it's far from a flat song. I even attempted the "Oooooh" parts that I usually avoid because I have a hard time with those without hearing the vocal playing. I made it through like a champ without embarrassing myself. :tongue:

My friend who fronts his second local band for the area is really great. He sang his regular staple "Fuel-Hemorrhage" and tried some different songs since the crowd was people he didn't know and didn't care anyway. He sang "Tonic-If You Could Only See", "Third Eye Blind-Semi Charmed Life" and 'Coldplay-The Scientist".

Here's a sample of his singing with two different bands. His band really needs to learn "Hemorrhage" IMO because it's in his range quite a bit but I give him credit for singing everything from Alice In Chains to Radiohead to Grand Funk Railroad with his band. He's got a pop rock voice though and to me his voice is a little unique compared to a lot of vocalists. Here's one from each of his bands that I think he pulls off despite some sound quality issues.

Goo Goo Dolls-Name (Cover with Wrong Finger)

Hoobastank-The Reason (Cover With Slanted Shadow)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Well done Soots!! :heheh:

Last night a Scottish friend and I did the Deacon Blue song "Real Gone Kid" and had a great time ................ I was excellent at the ooooo oooooo oooooo bits :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Tonight I had an awesome night at karaoke. I sang "Zero" by the Pumpkins again and I seemed to have mastered it but the fun part was I tried a rap song which is more of a challenge. I did my best white boy gangsta and did a decent job of the Warren G. classic "Regulate":

Everyone in our group of 4 sang something. The best singer out of all of us Rob sang The Fray "You Found Me". The one with the deepest voice sang Crash Test Dummies "Mhmmm Mhmmm Mhhhm mhhhm" at our request and our friend Dan and Rob collabed on Pearl Jam "Black" in a cool moment where I and two other stragers went up and chimed in our loudest Eddie Vedders. "Black" is one of the most amazing songs ever and it was awesome having five fans enjoying it. One of my most enjoyable karaoke nights ever! :cheers2

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Oh Sooty you and your friend sound like you would be so much fun to go to karaoke with. :heheh: I go to it with my friends and half of them are too scared to go up and sing.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
At one time, I sang/yelled to this songs:
Queen: Tie Your Mother Down, Fat Bottomed Girls, These Are The Days Of Our Lives, Love Of My Life, I Want To Break Free, Spread Your Wings, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, A Winter's Tale, I Want It All, You're My Best Friend, etc.
AC/DC: Hells Bells, Touch Too Much, You Shook Me All Night Long, Rock'n'Roll Train, Highway To Hell, Shoot To Thrill.
Aerosmith: Mama Kin, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Cryin', Hole In My Soul, Angel, Rag Doll, Pink, Dream On.
Judas Pirest: Victim Of Changes, Painkiller, Angel, Screaming For Vengeance, Hell Patrol.
I sang many songs by Purple, Nazareth, Uriah Heep, LZ, Sabbath...

When I will buy a new microphone - try to put something to this topic (it doesn't violate copyright?) - if you all will promise to me don't laugh too loud.:D

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I always put on a Karaoke show here at home
Viking.gif
jeje

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Cosmic-It would be a blast!

North-I'd love to see those and don't think karaoke covers are a copyright issue!

Taboo-Same here! The world would be a perfect place if people busted out singing anywhere and everywhere when they felt like it! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online