Karaoke and You

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
7-200.jpg

karaoke.jpg

I just went out for karaoke for the second time in a week period. I'm far from a great singer and sometimes I'm shyer than others about doing it but in the end I always have fun whether I'm doing it, my friends are or some crazy, zany people at the bar are doing it. :heheh: Let's talk about this timeless phenomenon. Do you do it, have you run one, what songs do you like to sing/perform, what songs do you perform well, what's the worst karaoke performance you've ever seen, etc? :oyea:

To start I will list the three songs I've sang this week:

Soul Asylum-Somebody To Shove
Sponge-Plowed (with friend)
Smashing Pumpkins-Zero

The 90's grunge era is my singing comfort zone even when not currwntly on my listening playlist. They are endlessly familiar, simple, rocking and fit my vocal and range best.

Here are some standby's I've done on numerous occasions:

Green Day-Basketcase and Longview
The Black Crows-Hard To Handle
The Darkness-I believe In A Thing Called Love

How about you? Thoughts, stories, confessions, etc. :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I never do Karaoke really...I did a couple times. One time though I did sing Joy To The World.

Don't laugh! It was BAD ASS!! :heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I started DJ'ing back in like '88 or '89. I first started doing karaoke right around the same time, maybe 1990. Back then it wasn't labled as "karaoke" but rather was just a "singing machine" where the person running the show had the songs on cassette and you had to read the lyrics out of a book.

I started in with karaoke (KJ'ing) back in '92 and have been doing it ever since. Even own my own karaoke/DJ company. For now, i'm going to bite my tongue on my real thoughts on karaoke.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I started DJ'ing back in like '88 or '89. I first started doing karaoke right around the same time, maybe 1990. Back then it wasn't labled as "karaoke" but rather was just a "singing machine" where the person running the show had the songs on cassette and you had to read the lyrics out of a book.

I started in with karaoke (KJ'ing) back in '92 and have been doing it ever since. Even own my own karaoke/DJ company. For now, i'm going to bite my tongue on my real thoughts on karaoke.

O.K. fine, but tell us Lynch's song specialty where you blew the crowd away with your performance! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:oyea:

dork-band.png

Hey I also sang UNCHAINED MELODY once and I rocked that one as well. Mega Applause.

On both occasions I had a few drinks as well. :cheers2

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Can't say I've ever done karoake but if I do you better bet I'll be belting out some Chaka Khan.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online