Kansas (Official Thread)

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
^I came across your fav Leftoverture on a blog about 1yr ago and found the rest on another excellent blog.I also got a selection of Magnum and styx from there that im impressed with.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Congratulations on your score.

I like Styx a lot as well, everything from their first album up to and including Pieces of Eight is really good. After that I thought they lost something. Paradise Theater and Cornerstone were average and Kilroy Was Here never did anything for me.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
^Ive noticed a cut off point on a lot of bands discographies^
Thats why i only usually get the highly rated albums.Ive pieces of eight and the grand illusion by styx

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
Although this isn't Kansas, it is Kerry Livegren with his band AD. He had Ronnie James Dio sing two songs on the album - Seeds Of Change. I can only find one of them on You Tube with Dio

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Interesting live "Kansas" version of Mask Of The Great Deceiver from 1980.

I still prefer the Dio version and didn't know Kansas did any of the Livgren solo stuff in concert. I wonder if there's any of Steve's solo work done by Kansas.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I prefer Dio's as well, Seeds of Change is the best solo album anyone in Kansas ever released.

Played my old vinyl copy of "Two For The Show" last night, been over 20 years since I listened to it. I did a cleaning cycle on my VPI and the album is almost perfect, no noise or clicks and pops.:D

I was totally blown away again by how good Kansas really was, this has to be one of the best live albums ever done at least it's in my top 10 of all time easily.

Kansas_-_Two_For_The_Show.jpg

It won't another 20 years till I play this one again that's for sure.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Well I made the switch to digital in late 80's, and didn't play any vinyl really until the last 2 years. Two For The Show is one of the few albums that I didn't lose in the fire 10 years ago.

So I did the math and it comes out to about 20 years since I played it 2LT and altogether probably listened to it 10 times total that's a result of having a big collection you sometimes don't play some recordings for years.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm not sure Ar-Pharazon, but it wouldn't surprise me so many idiots at the labels cut songs off old double albums so they could issue one CD instead of 2. Iron Maiden's first and best double live album had 2 tracks missing on the CD. Inexcusable, a CD/Jewel case cost pennies and all digitally reissued albums should have all the songs period.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online