Judas Priest (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really keen for the new album. I'm keen to hear how they go with Faulkner on guitar. I hope most fans won't just dismiss it because the fact is one guitar player leaving does not automatically mean the albums going to suck.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
25 Years Ago: Judas Priest’s ‘Ram It Down’ Album Released

I know a lot of people dismissed this album just as they did with Turbo, but I still love every minute of Ram It Down. From the opening screams of the title track to the amped up rendition of the Chuck Berry classic Johnny B Good to the slow rumblings of the closing song, Monster of Rock... I love it all.

:oy:

I think Blood Red Skies might be my favorite on the album

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Really keen for the new album. I'm keen to hear how they go with Faulkner on guitar. I hope most fans won't just dismiss it because the fact is one guitar player leaving does not automatically mean the albums going to suck.

I've always considered it far easier(In most cases) for a band to replace a guitarist than it is to replace the lead singer. Exceptions of course especially if the guitarist is the main songwriter like Tom Scholz in Boston.

When Rob Halford rejoined Priest that was massive, same as when Dickinson rejoined Maiden. The similarities between the two bands are striking when you think of it.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I know a lot of people dismissed this album just as they did with Turbo, but I still love every minute of Ram It Down. From the opening screams of the title track to the amped up rendition of the Chuck Berry classic Johnny B Good to the slow rumblings of the closing song, Monster of Rock... I love it all.

:oy:

I think Blood Red Skies might be my favorite on the album

First Priest album I ever bought (just after its release), so it holds a special place with me, there are some great tracks on there. The Johnny B. Goode cover is fantastic, love Ram It Down, I'm A Rocker, Heavy Metal to name a few and Blood Red Skies is one of my all time favourite tracks by them :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've always considered it far easier(In most cases) for a band to replace a guitarist than it is to replace the lead singer. Exceptions of course especially if the guitarist is the main songwriter like Tom Scholz in Boston.

When Rob Halford rejoined Priest that was massive, same as when Dickinson rejoined Maiden. The similarities between the two bands are striking when you think of it.

Exactly. When their respective main vocalists returned its no co-incidence their music was far better. Judas Priest had done Jugulator and Demolition with Ripper Owens, the former actually being a good album and Demolition being a piece of shit. Iron Maiden was the same for me, one good album with Blaze and one shit album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Exactly. When their respective main vocalists returned its no co-incidence their music was far better. Judas Priest had done Jugulator and Demolition with Ripper Owens, the former actually being a good album and Demolition being a piece of shit. Iron Maiden was the same for me, one good album with Blaze and one shit album.

I liked Ripper when he was in Iced Earth, "Glorious Burden" is a great album.

I might be a little more critical than most fans of both Priest and Maiden, I rarely if ever play any of the albums without Halford and Dickinson on vocals. After all they both produced so many great albums when I want to spend 40+ minutes listening to metal I'll pick from their best offerings generally. That's not a slam against Blaze or Ripper, just a preference that's never going to change for me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've never heard a song with either singers.

Well RS if you want to at least give Ripper Owens a chance then don't bother with his Priest albums.

Check out Iced Earth's "The Glorious Burden" deluxe edition, fantastic recording one of Shaffer's best.

29857.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.