Judas Priest (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well RS if you want to at least give Ripper Owens a chance then don't bother with his Priest albums.

Check out Iced Earth's "The Glorious Burden" deluxe edition, fantastic recording one of Shaffer's best.

29857.jpg

Agreed.....a MUCH better Ripper Owens experience here!!! :bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Rob Halford on Judas Priest: ‘It’s Turned Out Not to Be the Final World Tour’

Judas-Priest.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Almost as soon as they announced their 2011 farewell tour, the members of Judas Priest started clarifying that what they meant was that it would be their final major world tour. So if you missed them on that run, don’t worry: It sounds like the band has had a change of heart.

During a recent interview with WVOX (via Bravewords), frontman Rob Halford finally explained what many fans suspected as soon as the words “farewell tour” were uttered: Priest aren’t going to give up the road any time soon. “Well, it’s turned out not to be the final world tour,” he admitted. “What we tried to do as we suddenly got into gear again and especially since [new guitarist Richie Faulkner] came on board — we suddenly realized that now there were more opportunities opening up.”

Continued Halford, “What was a final global world tour in the way that we’ve been doing them for the past 30-odd years is just going to change slightly. For example, we’re going to do a European tour for about a month or two months, and then instead of jumping on a plane and going straight to New York to start an American tour, we’re just going to pull back and put a bit of space to recharge our batteries and to be able to keep that special feeling that Priest always wants to generate when we go onstage. We have a big responsibility — not only to ourselves, but to our fans — that we don’t drop the ball. And, so again, it’s no different than sports athletes; Michael Jordon wasn’t going out on the court as much when he was getting older. But when he went out he could get it in the hoop. But it’s not the end of touring. We are still going to be going out there.”

In fact, it sounds like Halford intends to keep screaming as long as his famous pipes hold up. “One of my all-time heroes is Willie Nelson, who, as you know, is celebrating his 80th year,” he said. “God bless the man. Even somebody like Tony Bennett, the great crooner. These guys inspire me as a musician. Seventy is the new 50. Like heavy metal will never die — the Metal God will never die.”

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Been in the mood for Judas Priest recently... a lot of Priest. My current favourites:

Fever

Heavy Duty/Defenders Of The Faith (probably the best closing track for an album)

One Shot At Glory

It's funny I haven't found those songs posted, they are brilliant! Oh, and Ram It Down. :D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Nolo: All great tracks! Love them all! :bow:

And I agree about Heavy Duty/Defenders ... outstanding close to any album. I think that Monsters of Rock was an attempt to do something very similar on the Ram It Down album. Another fantastic closing track, IMHO.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Nolo: All great tracks! Love them all! :bow:

And I agree about Heavy Duty/Defenders ... outstanding close to any album. I think that Monsters of Rock was an attempt to do something very similar on the Ram It Down album. Another fantastic closing track, IMHO.

I would love to see the crowd chanting Defenders of the Faith on any concert they will play for the fact there are many more heavy metal lovers. They did that on the '84 tour and the crowd seemed not to be enthusiastic. :mad

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Defenders is a good album, much better than the two that followed it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I really wish Bands would stop saying "farewell tour", it is a clever way to manipulate your fan base to generate interest in your concert tour but almost every one of these has turned out to be...not a hoax but certainly not the last live show the band intends on doing.

Scorpions did the same thing recently, they were buoyed by the fan reaction on their tour so changed their minds about future shows.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
So after all that they're going to do what I've said all along and what a lot of bands do already. Go out on tour for a month or two in one territory then take some time off before going out for a bit longer somewhere else.

I think Priest were disappointed with some of the ticket sales for the Nostradamus tour and decided to pull a very cheap stunt which pissed KK off as he saw it as taking advantage. Could be absolute bollocks though mind.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was probably premature to say farewell tour considering they have an album in the works. I hope they do a tour for the album which will be awesome. I just hope it is not in the same nature as Nostradamus. That album is really good but I hope they make a slight transition to their classic sound whilst trying to be fresh and add something new.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online