Journey through Traditional Doom Metal in 21st Century.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
th_doomDANCE.gif

I am still discovering them, but I will post for you some heavy doom rocking bands from 2000 onwards.

To start with...

The Gates Of Slumber​

The Gates Of Slumber is a doom metal band from Indianapolis, USA. They play old school style of doom metal in the traditions of Saint Vitus, Cirith Ungol, Candlemass and the likes. Their band name is taken from the Cianide song Gates of Slumber from the album A Descent Into Hell.

last.fm​

The+Gates+of+Slumber+TGOS+2010.jpg

2004 The Awakening
2006 Suffer No Guilt
2007 Appears on: From the Ultima Thule
2008 Conqueror
2009 Hymns of Blood and Thunder
2011 The Wretch

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Pale Divine

Combining equal parts Heavy Metal, 70’s Psych, and traditional Doom with a penchant for some extremely mind-numbing jamming, this three-piece promise to take you places you’ve never been without letting you forget how you got there. PALE DIVINE is sure to please fans of early JUDAS PRIEST, TROUBLE and PENTAGRAM.

last.fm

Pale+Divine+l_ac7b0a886b8640cc8e922c565a76.jpg

Bobby Liebling was a guest vocalist in one of their songs.

2001 Thunder Perfect Mind
2004 Eternity Revealed
2007 Cemetery Earth

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Generally I like Traditional Doom bands. But.......I found that with a lot of these type of band the vocals ruin it for me. Like Briton Rites, the vocals are truly weak. Best so far is The Gates Of Slumber.

Keep it up. :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ Indeed, vocals for doom metal (especially traditional) are a bit... weird. But it won't let me to hate the heavy low riffs. :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
All three are awesome bands. I made threads for the first two here in the metal section but they both definitely deserve all the attention they can get ( which will be not much around here I'm sure) :D

Might join in later :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Heh, when I first saw the thread title, I was wondering if this was the band Journey, as covered by some new doom metal bands.

:lmao:

That would be kinda funny, wouldn't it? Can you imagine what Lights, or Faithfully would sound like? :heheh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The idea of my favorite Doom bands (or any Doom band actually) covering Journey :uh: makes me more then just a little nausea :buzz:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online