DOOMRAISER .... Traditional Doom

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Why baffled? On one of the songs the lead vocalist comes as close to growling as I can handle, but on the whole I was able to enjoy the album and this kind of metal is not my usual staple as you know already.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^Why baffled? On one of the songs the lead vocalist comes as close to growling as I can handle, but on the whole I was able to enjoy the album and this kind of metal is not my usual staple as you know already.

That answer just baffles me even more .There is no growling and "this kind of metal" is Traditional Doom which is based on Black Sabbath and the 70's .

But I guess it makes more sense when the fact that you said you enjoy Air Supply is taken into account :lmao:

Whatever, to each their own but it just baffles me beyond belief that so many people here try to act like Doom and Death metal are even remotely the same thing just because there happens to a sub-genre called Death Doom ( and other Sub-genres/ mixed forms of Doom that incorporate growling etc. .) There is also a sub-genre of Progressive Death but that doesn't mean all Prog is like death metal :wtf:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Didn't you say you had their entire discography??

:D

You are right to each their own, but if you don't call them "Growls" then the "gutteral" vocals on one song stood out for me right away. What do you expect? I am not a metal elitist and don't claim to be, but at least I try to keep an open mind about the majority of this genre. And I feel comfortable being over 50 and at least giving some of these new bands an honest listen.

You asked my opinion and I gave it, and I did say I liked the album all in all.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
And I just stated that your opinion is baffling to me ..my opinion ,no need to get angry.

I see it as a lack of open mindedness rather then an open mind. And hearing things that are not there ...in MY opinion

I like ELO, The Beatles, The Doors and atleast 200 hundred bands that are not even close to metal and that is not including Prog and Space rock .So to try to call me an elitist is pushing it WAY beyond the facts as they really stand.

Guttural in the sense that they don't sound like Air Supply ? :heheh:
Whatever some people are FAR too sensitive as far as vocals go ,IMO.

Not sure how some people handle people like Bon and Ozzy with that attitude.

But whatever, I'm not offended just making a counter opinion .Yours baffles me :heheh:

I don't see any reason to go any farther as we have both stated our opinions and I'm not here to argue but to enjoy music . :cheers2

wall of music

Reaction score

DOOMRAISER announce new album: MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS

l_1bf754221c934dc483d5c9f4b7c6c492.png

Born out of an obsession with and a tribute to doom and occult psych rock, Italy’s DOOMRAISER builds their altar to the heavy bands of yesteryear and today, fusing doom metal, psychedelic rock and acid roll. They combine the doom of Black Sabbath, Pentagram and Goatsnake with a psychedelic touch and a 70’s progressive rock charm into a very tasty concoction.

Following the second album Erasing the Remembrance, DOOMRAISER’s new offering is an obscure, dark and heavy opus, MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS. The new material, while still really heavy is much more fluid and oblique. It contains mammoth riffs, a massive drumming, powerful bass lines and killing vocals. On one hand, the new album acknowledges previous recordings… On the other hand, there have been some significant changes which have given birth to yet another new sound. MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS is an unholy invocation of gritty, sprawling psycho doom. Five tracks that will bring you to the total freaked-out madness.

The artwork for MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS is brought to life by artist Stefano Scagni, the stunning album art is a visual interpretation of the album’s enigmatic title and lyrics.

229641_10150286800884554_406950774553_9475244_7430567_n.jpg

MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS track listing:
1. Mountains of Madness
2. Phoenix
3. Re-Connect
4. Vampires of the Sun
5. Like a Ghost

The new DOOMRAISER album MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS will be available on CD and LP via Bloodrock Records/Black Widow Records on May 13th.

Additionally, Doomraiser have also just confirmed a release party to unveil the material on Mountains of Madness to the public. The live ritual is on May 27th at Init Club, Rome. Opening bands the amazing space doom travelers IRA DEL BACCANO and the occult groovy doom crushers MISANTROPUS.

222042_10150286807749554_406950774553_9475282_7789436_n.jpg

Don’t miss the band live… And let there be doom!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Thanks for dropping by my thread and giving us an up date ,Wall of Music .
I have been looking forward to the release of MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS for a short while now and will be posting a few of my favorite tracks from the new CD after purchasing it . :cheers2

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online