joe

Reaction score
^^^Ya, the Yellowjackets do the same for me.:)"Nice" stuff

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It took me 10 minutes of listening to realise how underrated a guitarist John McLaughlin is.

McLaughlin is a fabulous guitarist........and songwriter!

McLaughlin is the feature electric guitarist in a couple Miles Davis albums:

In a Silent Way
Bitches Brew
Jack Johnson

I have Bitches Brew and it is some fabulous electric jazz. The title track "Bitches Brew" is like 25 minutes long so I wont post it but I will post the song named "John McLaughlin"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Somebody posted Return To Forever so my next artist is no stranger to the Jazz Fusion scene, Stanley Clarke an extraordinary bass player who was a huge influence on every bassist that followed him. My brother bought this album on vinyl when it came out, it is not quite as well known as "School Days', but "Journey To Love" is where I started with Stanley so I'll post that album.

Silly Putty.

Stanley+Clarke+-+%281975%29+Journey+To+Love.jpg

joe

Reaction score
Bitches Brew was the album that introduced me to jazz-fusion 25 years ago. Though frantic and chaotic at times (like me), no question it was a landmark piece of music. In a Silent Way is a little more laid back with more of a groove.

Stanley Clarke is fabulous. I love the stand-up bass. Him and Jaco Pastorius from Weather Report are phenomenal bassists.

joe

Reaction score
I hear jazz/fusion and I go nuts. Heres Jazz+Funk+Classic Rock. Its one of my favorite songs for driving in a big city.

YouTube - Jeff Beck - Come Dancing

Someone should let me in on how to post a little video box.

Wired and Blow by Blow by Jeff Beck is prime.

In regards to posting videos go to the Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines section and then go to Lord Grendal's thread "How To" Embed Youtube Videos. I had no clue on how to do this but the instructions are very well described. If I can do it, anybody else surely can do it.:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online

Members online