joe's jazz club

joe

Reaction score
DKW thanx for swinging by.

The drinks are on the house:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I might join LOU on the Blacklist after my next post...but I'll take a chance.:D As I mentioned before this artist has played with so many legends it's hard to keep track of them all, but he released some first rate albums on his own as well.

Jean Luc-Ponty a violinist who can play anything and his solo albums are unique in my collection.

Here's the one that got me started, Cosmic Messenger.

mic_Messenger-%5BFront%5D-%5Bwww.FreeCovers.net%5D.jpg

joe

Reaction score
LG that is fantastic. I know he was a member of the Mahavishnu Orchestra in a later incarnation of the band. Thanx for introducing them here at joe's:grinthumb

LOU still has two strikes left. He's more than welcome to come back anytime.

I have to lay down the law in this kind of establishment or else things will get out of hand.

I think you know me well enough by now that I'm a fair guy:D

We want to keep everybody happy at joe's:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^How about if I take care of LOU's bar tab?

Would that put him back in good graces at Joe's again?

:lmao:

joe

Reaction score
No question LOU has run up his tab. Man, those blimy Brits sure can pound them back.

That's a very kind gesture LG on both ends. Will give LOU some more time. Will see what kind of man he really is.

Besides my waitress jo jo is hoping he'll show up again.:D

joe

Reaction score
Tonight we're very honoured to have the following guest. This is the original members who haven't played together for over some 30 years now. One member you'll all recognise and the other only a few of you will know.

On keyboards, Robin Lumley. Percy Jones on bass. Ex-Atomic Rooster guitarist John Goodsall, and legendary drummer and vocalist from Genesis, Phil "Bongohead" Collins.

Ladies and gentleman here comes the fast-fusion.

joe's is proud to present Brand X:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Good choice Joe, Phil Collins is good either behind the drumkit or fronting a band. Wow over thirty years since they played together, didn't realize it was that long ago.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:peekSorry I let the side down for booking those atrocious jazz bands.:wtf:....haha Wet Blanket etc.....did raise a smile,but what was I thinking?:bonk:I should have booked them for Sweatys comedy club down the street :****:
Ive scoured my album collection..... no StanleyClarke or Miles Davis to be found
Nearest thing would be my GONG albums.....or a Ed Keupper /The Saints -Prehistoric sounds album....which are jazz influenced. Hmmm love GONG but I think they would be a bit "hippy" for Joes Jazz club
Oh damn someones already mentioned Jeff Beck and Brand x would have gone down a storm........so the band Id book and hope for a reprieve would be the excellent
DIXIE DREGS !!
It may even impress Jo jo the waitress :heybaby:

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
LOU, fantastic booking. Steve Morse and company provided an excellent show.:grinthumb

You can book Gong anytime along as it the Alan Holdsworth era(Expresso I and II, and Gazeuse!)

I've decided to let your tab, well let's say, vanish into thin air.

Oh ya, jo jo is impressed. I can tell by her eyes when she looks at you LOU. They take on that sparkly, brilliant emerald green.:flirt:D We just might be calling you "Action Jackson".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online