joe's jazz club

joe

Reaction score
Welcome to the grand opening of joe's jazz club.:grinthumb joe's is a place for hippies, metalheads, rockers and proggers from the neighborhood to come in and enjoy some jazz-rock fusion. CRF members will be entitled to the Martini special same as our professional clientele. joe's serves beers from all over the world, however we don't serve free peanuts.

joe's is a relaxing atmosphere were intellectuals and the elite converge for engaging conservation and great music. joe's will not tolerate any rowdy behaviour, yelling and howling as joe will throw you out personally.

joe's is proud to present on this grand opening night, Passport, all the way from Germany. Led by the great composer, arranger and saxophonist Klaus Doldinger:

Let's give a big hand for Passport.:grinthumb

Our next special guest will appear Tuesday night. Remember joe's isn't responsible once you leave the premises. Drive safely and good night.

joe

Reaction score
^^^MP: he is great. I love up tempo jazz. I only have one of his albums from his distiguised career, Virtuoso. I think that says it all.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Great Passport stuff too...yeah I like Satin Doll anyway and Joe's version here is a nice one for sure!!

OK...what else??

Can we do rock tunes too with hints of jazz??

A little Joel Rosenblatt with Spyro Gyra

joe

Reaction score
^^^Absolutely. Jazz-rock fusion covers a expansive musical diversity.:D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Joe, you've opened your club at exactly the right time, because I've only just been introduced to Jazz fusion over the last few weeks, via this absolutely fantastic album:

bateless+edge.jpg

:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Salmacis: That album is getting great reviews. Definitely going to pick it up the next couple of weeks.

Soot and Stars: I have to admit I haven't heard any of thier music but do know of them. Great stuff. I have a instrumental jazz-fusion/prog. metal artist coming in later on. joe's is the place to be:grinthumb

Sox: Pat Metheny is a genius.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
You will not be disappointed Joe, as a jazz fusion know-nothing it's single handedly opened me up to a whole world of the stuff, such as Mahavishnu Orchestra and Weather Report! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online