joe's jazz club

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Heavy Weather is my pick of their albums Sal.

Here's a good band, although many purists decried them as fluff and not worthy of any serious Jazz/rock/fusion fan. I personally think their debut album is one of the best for the "Morning After" a night of excess.:grinthumb

Spyro Gyra, "Morning Dance", also one of the most beautiful album covers I have ever owned, the Nautilus Superdisc I used to have was worthy of hanging on the wall in a nice frame.

spyro_gyra-morning_dance.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
MahavishnuOrchestraInnerMountingFlamealbumcover.jpg

top notch Jazz Fushion from 1971...enjoy!

joe

Reaction score
Thanx for stopping by joe's place LG and Magic. Next time, a drink on the house.:cheers2

Heavy Weather is my fav. as well LG. I must admit I've never heard Spyro Gyra. The video was disabled from youtube. Damn those bastards:D

Mahavsihnu Orchestra is one fav. jazz-rock fusion artists Magic. Thier first two albums are ***** stars.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
It took me 10 minutes of listening to realise how underrated a guitarist John McLaughlin is. Mahavishnu are another band I'm working my way around. But for now, let's enjoy the smooth sounds of Steely Dan:

:phones:

joe

Reaction score
Cool and smooth is Steely Dan.:****: Man oh man, did they ever put out fantastic albums through out the 70's. Not one bad release.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Replaced the Youtube vid in the Spyro Gyra post I made Joe...this one works.:D

Sal you might like Birds of Fire, it is a little more accessible album by the Mahavishnu Orchestra, that and Inner Mounting Flame are considered their masterpieces.

Steely Dan, I have a thread for them and I own every album except the newest studio one "Two Against Nature" I believe it's called. I've been a fan of theirs since Can't Buy A Thrill was released in the early 70's.

joe

Reaction score
Wow! More great music here at joe's last night.

We had some of the legends show up and put in some fantastic performances.

However we had a bit of a melee down here last night."The Situation" got out of hand. He took his shirt off to try and impress the ladies. I asked him politely twice to put it back on. Then he started groping my waitress jo jo. That was the final straw. I drove his head into the table and then got him into a choke hold and rifled his ass outside and give him a lickin'. What a hammerhead:lmao:

To get us started off tonight we have a unique band fusing jazz with prog/metal. I flew these guys in personally from Germany. Some of you might recognize guitarist Wolfgang Zenk from Sieges Even. With three albums to thier credit, I give you 7 For 4:

joe

Reaction score
Thanx for that LG. Spyro Gyra sound good. I guess you could label them as more of a poppier jazz(?). The sound similar to the Yellowjackets which I have booked BTW.

joe's would be more than happy to have them back for an extended jam session.:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You are right Joe, they are just a fun lighthearted band and that album always makes me feel good when I play it.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online