Joe Walsh and Jeff Lynne

elfranco

Reaction score
Have I missed the boat? Did Joe's new album come out yet? I'm afraid, almost, to think what Jeff Lynne would do to his music. I really like most of ELO. But Jeff Lynne as a solo, I'm not so sure. And as a producer. Gadzooks! I hope it isn't pop schmaltz.

Reaction score
I didn't see anything about it on Joe Walsh's website, I just checked, but who knows how up to date that is:heheh:

I really like most of Jeff Lynn's producing though, I think the two could make a great sounding album:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with Jeff producing a Joe Walsh solo album. He is a very talented guy on all levels beyond just writing and performing his own songs. I was really impressed by his rendition of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony last year...or this year I forget when exactly but he did a fabulous job.(Some pretty good musicians in the mix too.;))

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with Jeff producing a Joe Walsh solo album. He is a very talented guy on all levels beyond just writing and performing his own songs. I was really impressed by his rendition of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony last year...or this year I forget when exactly but he did a fabulous job.(Some pretty good musicians in the mix too.;))

Do you include Prince under that bracket ;) :p (I'm joking, I just couldn't resist :bonk:)

But anyway, Lynne has produced some great tracks in the past. The Beatles' Anthology series, and the Traveling Wilburys are ones that spring to mind.

I think he'll do Joe justice :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It was by far the best "Prince" moment I have seen, his guitar solo was excellent and I didn't realize he could play that well. I still don't like his albums though, something just doesn't work for me with his music, covering another artists all time great song, he did a tremendous job.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I agree, Jeff Lynne has produced some great music and some great albums, I respect the guy for his contribution to music and I cannot wait to hear his new album and anything he produces.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online