JJ Cale

Cincinnatus

Reaction score
JJ Cale : second to none as a songwriter , tasteful and brilliant guitarist . I hope this thread inspires folks to give him a listen . I don't think many will be disappointed .

Cincinnatus

Reaction score
just now listening to ' since you said goodbye ' .one of the most tasteful guitar players in the business . as far i am concerned his phrasing is the absolute best . Just an all around brilliant musician

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

jj_cale__any_gigs_or_new_records_or_writing_songs__2066534960.jpg

Cale is one of my all time favorites. He is a prolific performer and song writer, his songs have been performed by a number of other musicians; "Magnolia" by Poco, "After Midnight" and "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton, "Bringing It Back" by Kansas, "Call Me the Breeze" and "I Got the Same Old Blues" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, and "Travelin' Light" by Widespread Panic.

I have "The Definitive Collection", "Roll On", "To Tulsa and Back" and "The Road To Escondido".

J.J. Cale

Back in the late 80`s as The Tractors were forming, Jamie Oldaker owned The Sunset Bar and Grill in Tulsa. I knew and worked with Ron Getman and Casey Van Beek so this give me the opportunity to be in the right place at the right time....One night while watching these guys perform I was seated at the bands table with J.J. Cale. He is one hell of nice guy!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^He comes across as completely "real' to me Garrett, which is a rarity in the music business.

I've got quite a few of his albums now...nothing better on a lazy day than kicking back and drinking a cold one with JJ's music in the background.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Agreed ,, any musician that can get on in this business on his own terms and gain the kind of respect JJ has must be the real deal. Top cat. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
A true original, I've become an even bigger fan of his over the last couple of years.

Here's to you JJ, and hope you have many more birthdays to celebrate.:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online