JJ Cale

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Really is JJ Cale's second album released in 1972 recorded at the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That one is on my list, haven't managed to pick up a copy yet...but I will eventually of course.

EB, JJ Cale is one of those artists that you either take the time and "get" or leaves you wondering what all the fuss is about. CD or vinyl won't make any difference, except I know you are now an official "Vinyl Snob"....:lmao:

My CD of "5" sounds great, and I wish you luck trying to find mint vinyl copies of his recordings.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I think I have become as fond of my CD collection as I am of my old Vinly gear. Got to admit though I was a late comer to the compact disc. I don't think I will be moving into any new mediums though I am content.

JJ Cale a glass of Brandy and the Headphones that's me.:grinthumb

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Really big fan of Cale's original version of "Cocaine" and "After Midnight", even though I discovered Eric Clapton's covers first, I think I prefer J.J's versions.

Don't have any of his albums though except this one with Clapton. (Also the last ever project to feature the organ work of Billy Preston)

pton-j.j.-cale-the-road-to-escondido-2006-flac-mp3.jpg

What would be the best album to get next? :)

Reaction score
^^That one is on my list, haven't managed to pick up a copy yet...but I will eventually of course.

EB, JJ Cale is one of those artists that you either take the time and "get" or leaves you wondering what all the fuss is about. CD or vinyl won't make any difference, except I know you are now an official "Vinyl Snob"....:lmao:

My CD of "5" sounds great, and I wish you luck trying to find mint vinyl copies of his recordings.

:lmao:

It's only been a month!:pullhair:

I do only have a download of Okie though, it's a mid quality MP3.. so I don't know how much justice it does to the music..

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Really big fan of Cale's original version of "Cocaine" and "After Midnight", even though I discovered Eric Clapton's covers first, I think I prefer J.J's versions.

Don't have any of his albums though except this one with Clapton. (Also the last ever project to feature the organ work of Billy Preston)

pton-j.j.-cale-the-road-to-escondido-2006-flac-mp3.jpg

What would be the best album to get next? :)

I agree Feldster I prefer JJ Cale's versions as well and I got the Escondido album .. really like it. I think the debut album "Naturally" is a great start cos it's loaded with good tracks."5" and "Grasshopper" great albums and " Travel Log" is a pearler too.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
From 1974 JJ Cale's 3rd album Okie ..

A track covered by Skynyrd, Feddie King and Captain Beefheart (to name a few).

Rocker440

Reaction score
Here's a song that I'm sure many people will recognize, and is a nice collaboration with another terrific guitarist who did a cover version of this great JJ Cale song! The both of them on this same version...

:bow: :bow:

:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ There's a hell of a lot of mutual respect going on there Rocker440. I reckon EC and JJ Cale feed off each other really well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Staff online

Members online