Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

A mighty album and my favourite from Tull ... Stormwatch

"Dun Ringill"

Just a top notch record. :cheers2

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Not heard that track before Sox........[.you could put that song in your acoustic pearlers thread too]....excellent.:grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score

I say "Rubbish" to those critics as well, LG! I greatly like this album, and, as you put very well, imo!

gems on it to make it a worthy addition to the collection

I certainly second that recommendation! :grinthumb

In retrospect I feel blessed that I saw my favorite line-up perform live, Ian Anderson, Martin Barre, John Evan, David Palmer, John Glascock, and Barrimore Barlow, a concert that is etched in my heart and soul forever.

I felt blessed both being in attendance during the concert, and much more so afterwards, while walking away from the arena. Although this was the first time I experienced JT live, and with some extra circumstances due to seat location (which resulted in a much more memorable experience and cool, special vantage points as well), I was greatly focused on Barriemore Barlow and was truly amazed with the talents, skills and abilities! Although I had been a long time JT fan for many years before this concert, I was much more so with that terrific experience. I hadn't heard many of the songs from Stormwatch prior to the concert, but I quickly bought that album and enjoy it immensely! It is one of my favorite JT releases, and not due totally with the experiences within the concert, but I certainly had a greater appreciation of both the songs, music and musicians with great thanks to their performances!

A couple of my favorites from Stormwatch.

Dark Ages

Elegy

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Barriemore Barlow is easily in my top five rock drummers of all time, he is just excellent and with Tull you need to be on your toes all the time, the variety and subtlety and intensity of their songs covers the whole spectrum.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Not heard that track before Sox........[.you could put that song in your acoustic pearlers thread too]....excellent.:grinthumb

It's a great track Lou and they opened with it this year on the tour which made the night special as it is a big fave of mine. :grinthumb

"North Sea Oil" Another from this fab album.:cheers2

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

Excellent appraisal of Stormwatch LG. It is an album which originally had its detractors amongst the Tull community but has, after all this time, become a frim favourite with the majority.

On a different tack, the JT Forum at Jethro Tull Fan Forum - Home has a question and answer thread with Mick Abrahams running until August. You'll have to be a member to paticipate but probably well worth while.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks Jeffrey, I'll check it out later. That is what I love about the internet, cool things like talking to someone you admire like Mick Abrahams.:tup:

Your turn for more Tull stuff before I do "A", next.:cheers:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Staff online

Members online