Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

Oh yes, he has been for years..........since 1969.

For some reason, I was thinking there was a stretch there in the middle where Barre wasn't in the band - but I could be wrong, memory being what it is, and not what it was. ;)

Edit: Just checked All Music Guide and found I was wrong. They describe Barre as being "joined at the hip" with Anderson since 1969. They also quote Anderson as saying "without Martin Barre, Jethro Tull could not exist."

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

:cheers:I think Martin is something else but kind of an unsung hero. His ability and musicianship is second to none. Here`s To Lancelot Barre.:cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'll drink to that Sox.:hab:

I always considered Martin Barre as one of the most underrated rock guitarists period, he can play any style and pull if off.:guitar:

Rocker440

Reaction score

I drink a toast to that as well! :hab:

Martin Barre is a fantastic guitar player, imo. At times it may not be easy to realize how skilled and talented a musician is until seeing them perform in concert. Although I was a fan of Jethro Tull for many years before experiencing my first JT concert, it didn't take me very long to acquire a much better respect for Martin Barre and also Barrie Barlow. They may perhaps be underrated to some, but they weren't to myself even before I saw them live, but I have much more respect and admiration for the two of them and also for many other numerous, extremely talented musicians! :)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I dropped lucky at one of the Alexis Korner memorial concerts one year. Mick Abrahams was there as we knew but what we didn't know was Clive Bunker was drumming for him so I got to see two Tull originals. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After the success of "Brick..." Jethro Tull followed it up with another sprawling concept album, 1973's A Passion Play. This album was not nearly as well received as it's predecessor by the critics, but I like it. The music makes up for the murky storyline for me, Tull in their prime. I do still smile when I hear one song in particular.:D

The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles.

APassionPlayFront.jpg

APassionPlayBack.jpg

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

^^ I see you can pick this up pretty inexpesively from Amazon. Maybe it's time to give it another try.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online