Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

A sidenote; when Bursting Out was released on the cd format, two or three songs were omitted (due to time limitations? :confused: ).

They did the same thing, at least here in the States, with the initial CD release of Living in the Past. Some record company exec (no doubt) decided they had to keep the 2-LP set to a single CD. Really p*ssed me off.

Rocker440

Reaction score

They did the same thing, at least here in the States, with the initial CD release of Living in the Past. Some record company exec (no doubt) decided they had to keep the 2-LP set to a single CD. Really p*ssed me off.

Some marketing strategies, what more can be said! :heheh: Whether the decision was made on an executive or corporate level it may not exactly be a smart choice (unless perhaps to possibly enhance sales to some unique features on or inside of particular album jackets). I've wondered for some time who has the final say when choices of these kinds are made? I can only imagine the numerous discussions between bands, their managers, exec's and the record companies legal advisors talk about album covers, alone. There are many instances of album jacket covers being changed, switched, recalled or modified for whatever purposes with many classic rock bands releases, some specifically done for the US releases and also with different ones for other countries! :wtf:

Quite a lot of the non US releases, as well as foreign editions are rare and collectable, too. Although there are some exceptions with CD's that I know of as with Jethro Tull - Stand Up. The original album had the pop-up figures of the band and I believe there was a reissued mini-lp CD that also had this feature a few years ago, too. :cheers:

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I like the reissues but sometimes they just keep reissuing again and again and it is sometimes a rip off. I missed the pop up mini CD of this too:(

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I agree with you Sweaty. For instance I have owned 5 copies of Aqualung over the years. The regular vinyl album, then a magnificent MFSL vinyl edition, then the regular CD, then the Remastered CD with bonus tracks and an Ian Anderson interview, and finally a Digital copy of the vinyl album released in England a few years ago, done from the original tapes that Ian still has. He has stated that he felt the last release was the closest to the one the band wanted.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I like the reissues but sometimes they just keep reissuing again and again and it is sometimes a rip off.

Precisely my concern as well!

:grinthumb

Here's a pic of Jethro Tull from the late sixties though:

Attachments

• jethro_tull.jpg
    jethro_tull.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 40

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Big fan of JT here. My favourite albums are: Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, Heavy Horses and Songs From the Wood.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

29lxvys.jpg
2q9wb5z.jpg
2wf0qxv.jpg

Another Jethro Tull fan here. 1968-1980 Jethro Tull was probably the most productive rock bands in history, putting out 13 albums in 13 years. I don't think any band could say they did that. I really love the first 4 albums the most.

This Was (1968)
Stand Up (1969)
Benefit (1970)
Aqualung (1971)

Also, I like the albums ''Songs from the Wood'' (1977) and ''Heavy Horses'' (1978)

Life's A Long Song

Bourée

With You There To Help Me

To Cry You a Song

Nothing Is Easy

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn