Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

I agree with my esteemed colleague, another Tull fan is always welcome.:tup:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Hi to fellow Tull fans. Just a short post as time limited today but I've just signed up and I'm glad to be here.

jeffrey:)

Great! We need all the allies we can get. Our enemies are legion. Good thing we can identify them from the Ozzy t-shirts they wear.

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Good stuff Jeffrey, I always have admired Ian for his honesty...loved his comment about the Rap music in the U.S. If he does a flute album I will definitely check it out.

Great to see some recognition where it all began as well.

One of the best rock bands ever.:bow:

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score

Check out the cool interviews and reviews at

Link is now dead and not active

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That looks interesting Vintage, I'll have to peruse it later today, thanks for the link.:D

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score

there have been many wonderful extended entries on tull in this thread. for days, i've been trying to think of a way to do justice to a band so very near and dear to my heart of hearts, my soul of souls, my cod of codpieces, my fan of phantom ovaries, etc etc... and i just can't do it. it is too gargantuan of a thing. it boggles my already o'er-boggled brainpan.

upshot: this must be done in small, manageable bits.

bit #1:

i have seen tull live more than any other act, in the double digits, save one... the moody blues. (the moodies will move ahead by one next month, but as usual, that lead will not last for long. a neck-and-neck race, speedin down the decades.)

with that in mind, i give you **my fave concert ever, in the long history of my concertdom**...

tull, in new orleans, at my favorite theatre, the saenger (pre-katrina, of course, snifffffff)... one of those old victorian style theatres with the velvet seats, marble statues, rich tapestry curtains, and lit constellations moving across the ceiling. a perfect place to see a band like tull, as you might imagine.

what made this concert so special, you ask? (of course, you do.) welllll, i had just had wrist surgery that very day. i was under strict orders to fester around in bed, take happy pills, have someone switch around my ice pack, and drool at my tv screen. um, yeah. surrrrrrrrre. lil did i know, ian had apparently cracked his leg at rio or some such, so he's in a fucquin wheelchair on stage, zippin himself around like a maniac, playin his flute with one hand, yankin a wheel with the other, just goin nuts and soundin fantastic.

i'm in my seat (well, kinda in, kinda out), ecstatic, with my ice pack strapped to my slinged-up arm, leakin water alllll over the poor dude next to me. he was a class act, that dude, genial as could be, didn't seem to mind at all, smiling the whole time. in fact, i think he bought me a few beers. my memory's a bit hazy. maybe he just liked the shirt i was wearing. why ask why? it was all good.

the point. i had one. um. this: somehow, i felt as though ian and i~~in some weird, fucqued up, cosmically-cast-bound, spastic yet happified way~~were connected. we were one.

ok, so i was really plastered. but the feeling was there, so it still means something to me, even if it's based entirely on exactly nuthin that's empirically really real.

i think i kinda prefer my reality to be unreal anyway.

p.s. did i say manageable bits? be glad yer not seeing my unmanageable bits. ahem.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

:lmao:

Great to see you are a Tull fan Kath,,,you continue to impress me with your musical knowledge and hilarious ancedotes combined with your colorful prose...:grinthumb

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

I've jumped in with both feet and started a Blodwyn Pig/Mick Abrahams thread as I feel that as Tull fans we should have a place for not only Tull's first guitarist but also a decent and honest musician who up until late last year was still producing excellent rock 'n' blues music.

If you liked "This Was" then Mick's recorded work, especially the early albums, will be most rewarding.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online