Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

Interesting how "Teacher" got re-classified, re-numbered and otherwise demoted from an album track to a bonus track.

I'm sure there's a reason for it, just curious what that might be.

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Here's a video from French TV of the tune that started me on the road to lifetime Tull fandom:

Song For Jeffrey(French TV recording)

:****:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After Benefit came Tull's most famous album 1971's "Aqualung". This is the beginning of the Progressive stage of Tull with some Folk mixed in as usual. When I bought the MFSL masterdisc version of this record on vinyl the guitar on Locomotive Breath was stunning, literally I had never heard any recording that had as lifelike a sound as Martin Barre's guitar, I don't have it anymore sadly it perished in the fire years ago. If you only get one Tull CD/vinyl album I would recommend this one, it belongs in every fans collection, I am on my 4th copy now.

The song my friends and I used to Sing when we were driving to work logging one summer.

Locomotive Breath

AqualungFront.jpg

AqualungBack.jpg

Last edited:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Radio really went overboard playing "Locomotive Breath" and "Aqualung" and I got pretty burned out of those two songs, but I always liked "Cross-Eyed Mary", "My God", "Hymn 43" and "Wind Up" and they are all still great songs today. Excellent album overall. :cheers:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

My God is a fantastic song!!! :grinthumb

Here's a couple off one of my favorite TULL discs as well!

Velvet Green

Dead Video

The Whistler

c17a820dd7a02c5bb4a4e010.L.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

"Velvet Green" is my all time favorite Jethro Tull song, and same goes for the Songs From The Wood album.:mn:

Fug

Reaction score

The Jethro Tull you see in concert now is not, I repeat is NOT the same Tull you are talking about. From the original line-up, only Ian and Martin remain. I attended a Tull show last year, and it was the 49th Tull show I have attended. It will be my last. It saddens me to see how Anderson has run this once great band into the ground.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Like so many other artists it's hard to "Let Go", and Ian is no different. I have already mentioned the fact he can't pull off the vocals anymore earlier in this thread, and should concentrate on his instrumental works instead.

No matter what the body of work he and Tull have left us is stupendous, one of my top ten bands of all time.:tup:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Fug said:
I attended a Tull show last year, and it was the 49th Tull show I have attended. It will be my last.

:eek:

No need to apologize. After 49 shows, you've earned a rest.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online