1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by LG, Nov 17, 2009.

1. E-Z

E-Z Cool good looking rock dude

Near the BOSTON pub in Tufnell Park. north London
    Are Jethro Tull still active in 2020??.

Never really got into them due to listening to many other rock and blues/rock bands from the 1970s although I did notice in the past a number of 1970s rock fans name dropped them. I was tempted to buy the expanded first album (2 cds) around 10 years ago mainly because of Mick Abrahams playing guitar on it and then leaving to form Blodwyn Pig.

I read a story maybe 10-15 years ago about Rory Gallagher being in the company of Ian Anderson sometime back in the 1970s or 1980s along with a few others in a after show social gathering and Rory eventually got up and left the gathering because his views didn't fit with Ian's views?.

I also read that Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple & Rainbow and Ian became a bit 'matey' with each other about 10 years ago and possibly even recorded some stuff together?.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Nai Noswad likes this.
  2. MarkWesleyCurran

MarkWesleyCurran Country Rock Without Borders

I am in awe of Jethro Tull. [Hey that rhymed!]

Over 50 years and still going strong, Ian Anderson has delivered original music that defies categories. [No borders you might say].

Just for sheer balls and originality, he's at the top of my Classic Rock list as one of the greatest performers of all time.

Nai Noswad likes this.
  3. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

The first attempt at seeing Tull failed - seem to recall an ad in the music press from Harvey Goldsmith giving a grovelling apology. It was a reschedule job..and a 52 mile trip to Birmingham was worth the effort!
    ...A stand out from Stand Up.

Nothing Is Easy.
    A narky Ian here in Germany & false start.

Nothing Is Easy.

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.