Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience Announce New Tour

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I don't think we are making a big deal of it especially, I think we are simply giving an opinion either for or against, and hopefully making it a better topic than if nobody had seen this and just said nothing about it at all! Cheers.

Not at all! Friendly debating is all. Don't ruin it by running off on me! :heheh:

Though it would be impressive to see someone that sounded identical to Robert Plant, if that's even possible.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all good! I was actually stunned when I heard Percy Plant's latest Band of Joy album, easily for me the best thing he has done since Zeppelin split, and a bit of a surprise when you consider some of the (IMO) rubbish he has been producing, that is the road he should go down, for about a week after I bought it it was never off my iPod.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Yeah, it's all good! I was actually stunned when I heard Percy Plant's latest Band of Joy album, easily for me the best thing he has done since Zeppelin split, and a bit of a surprise when you consider some of the (IMO) rubbish he has been producing, that is the road he should go down, for about a week after I bought it it was never off my iPod.

I haven't listened to it yet. I think the whole Raising Sand garbage put Percy on probation with me for a good while! :rolleyes:

cool17ny

Reaction score
This is from the Classic Rock Revisited Staff Writer review from Spirit Bank Event Center
Tulsa, Oklahoma November 17, 2010 show.

"There are many a naysayer who spout that Jason Bonham needs to find his own gig (something, by the way, he has done as a member of Black Country Communion). Others seem to enjoy putting Jason down by claiming he is doing a Led Zeppelin tribute for the money. It is doubtful that any of these Negative Nellie’s have bothered to see Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience live or they would realize that Bonham wears his sincerity on his sleeve as he explains to the crowd how he wants to keep the live element of Led Zeppelin’s music alive. Jason Bonham appears, for all purposes, to be doing this for the right reasons. If he is faking it, or going through the motions for the money, then he should take up acting, as he would win an Academy Award, hands down.

The only appropriate comment to those who put Bonham down is to tell them to get a life, or better yet, to get tickets to the next Led Zeppelin Experience show and judge Jason’s efforts based on personal experience. Seeing, and hearing, is, after all, believing. Jason Bonham touched the audience and gave everyone a small taste of what he was born into, the Led Zeppelin family. The power of Led Zeppelin transcends both time and space. The music they made will live on forever and, with Jason Bonham’s assistance, one can now witness it firsthand"

Last edited:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
A couple things.....

1. I don't think Jason Bonham is doing this solely for the money because he could make more money doing studio albums and tours with either Foreigner and UFO, both of whom are bands that he has been the drummer in over the past 8-10 years. Tell me, what is more profitable? Playing Zeppelin songs in small venues or playing larger festival style gigs all over the world with Foreigner and/or UFO. Even with Bonham making less of a share than he might make with his own tribute band, he'd also be making money off of studio albums from either Foreigner or UFO. Not to mention the opportunity of actually collecting some royalties over the long-term off of original music he'd be doing with those bands.

2. Robert Plant has said time and time again that he doesn't think very much of Jason as a drummer at all. Doesn't consider him a good drummer, period.

3. Given the choice between his son struggling to get by or being able to generate income, I doubt John Bonham would be turning over in his grave over the idea of his son making money off of playing old Zeppelin songs on the road in clubs.

cool17ny

Reaction score
1. the tour in May includes the Greek Theatre in LA that holds 5000 - .
They did their First US / Canada Tour last Oct and Nov, they Sold Out many venues that hold Thousands including the Nokia Theatre in NYC, Pantages in LA and the Metropolis in Montreal.
small clubs??- I think not.

2. Jason played with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones at LED ZEPPELIN's "final" show at London's O2 Arena in 2007, which was heralded as the most powerful LED ZEPPELIN performance since the group's disbandment. The band received uniformly rave reviews.
dont think much of him as a drummer?? Oh- so these Icons would play with a so so drummer- I think not.

3. Radio interview May 27, 2010 Robert Plant-Backs-Jason-Bonhams-LedZepExp and He then complimented Bonham's drumming. "There's nobody that can play the songs like you do," said Plant.

4. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion- but there are thousands of JBLZE Fans who whole heartedly disagree with you- and whats really a shame is that you are all missing a really great show and whole lotta fun!!

Last edited:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
the tour in May includes the Greek Theatre in LA that holds 5000 -

They did their First US / Canada Tour last Oct and Nov, they Sold Out many venues that hold Thousands including the Nokia Theatre in NYC, Pantages in LA and the Metropolis in Montreal.

Well shucks. Looks like I was wrong again!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Don't put your link back in again cool17ny, while I don't mind you showing exuberance for a tribute band, the link is an advertisement for a promotional company.

cool17ny

Reaction score
The link was reviews of the band from last years Tour to share- not an ad for a company- but I will not post any more links - as "to showing exuberance for a tribute band" as you say- this is a classic rock blog- and those posts were mostly other peoples words- not just mine- - when one finds something great you get excited - this is a forum to write about it - thats what music used to be all about - sharing the good vibes- -- yeah, everybody doenst like the same music or bands - and that used to be OK...but now people find it necessary to do hatchet jobs on what they dont like- instead of just live and let live and appreciate the diversity - so I have the right to be excited and share the written word by others who feel the same- - the difference is that I am positive energy and allow you not to like it without being horrible about it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online