Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience Announce New Tour

cool17ny

Reaction score
“Two thousand New Yorkers filled the Best Buy Theater last night as Jason Bonham, son of the legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, led a thrilling tribute concert to the music of his father and the rest of Zeppelin’s groundbreaking, awe-inspiring music. Jason and his band did not disappoint, opening with the classic Zeppelin song ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ followed by ‘Celebration Day’ and the dirty, grinding riffs of ‘Black Dog,’ the group instantly established a crushing, all-encompassing sound, with Jason’s hand-picked singer and lead guitarist nailing all of Page and Plant’s sounds both booming and subtle. …’Stairway to Heaven,’ generally considered the greatest rock song ever recorded, was a truly moving performance, with fans singing along to the gentle verses and jumping up, playing air guitar and even head-banging as the wild solo screamed through the venue and the final, crushing riff blasted in every direction. Naturally, the night could not end without Zeppelin’s last defining song, the hard-rocking ‘Whole Lotta Love,’ which saw Jason’s guitarist expertly maneuver the swirling theremin to create the solo’s spooky quadraphonic effects. Virtually the entire audience was on their feet by the end, singing along… The exhausted but thoroughly satisfied audience was raucous in their cheering and applause for the best Zeppelin show to play New York in decades. Although Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience has been billed as a one time tour, with the success and acclaim garnered as they travel across the country, Zeppelin fans should keep their fingers crossed for future tours, because short of Page and Plant reuniting, this is as genuine Zeppelin as it’s going to get.”

--Elliot Levin, EXAMINER-NEW YORK (Live review, November 9, 2010)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
“Two thousand New Yorkers filled the Best Buy Theater last night as Jason Bonham, son of the legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, led a thrilling tribute concert to the music of his father and the rest of Zeppelin’s groundbreaking, awe-inspiring music. Jason and his band did not disappoint, opening with the classic Zeppelin song ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ followed by ‘Celebration Day’ and the dirty, grinding riffs of ‘Black Dog,’ the group instantly established a crushing, all-encompassing sound, with Jason’s hand-picked singer and lead guitarist nailing all of Page and Plant’s sounds both booming and subtle. …’Stairway to Heaven,’ generally considered the greatest rock song ever recorded, was a truly moving performance, with fans singing along to the gentle verses and jumping up, playing air guitar and even head-banging as the wild solo screamed through the venue and the final, crushing riff blasted in every direction. Naturally, the night could not end without Zeppelin’s last defining song, the hard-rocking ‘Whole Lotta Love,’ which saw Jason’s guitarist expertly maneuver the swirling theremin to create the solo’s spooky quadraphonic effects. Virtually the entire audience was on their feet by the end, singing along… The exhausted but thoroughly satisfied audience was raucous in their cheering and applause for the best Zeppelin show to play New York in decades. Although Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience has been billed as a one time tour, with the success and acclaim garnered as they travel across the country, Zeppelin fans should keep their fingers crossed for future tours, because short of Page and Plant reuniting, this is as genuine Zeppelin as it’s going to get.”

--Elliot Levin, EXAMINER-NEW YORK (Live review, November 9, 2010)

Two thousand ain't 5000. End of story. :grinthumb

cool17ny

Reaction score
Two thousand was Sold Out for that NYC venue last November and he did that for many of 38 shows last Oct/Nov tour-

The Greek booked him for May and that holds 5000- I read they are already half sold out 2 months in advance-

but regardless you implied he couldnt do better than 800 and there is no demand. now you say 2000 doesnt show demand cuz its not 5000- lol

If you really read these posts - the facts are there, Lots of people like it.

End of Story

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
This thread has been derailed from talking about awesome Led Zeppelin music to classical composers and how many tickets are being sold? :rolleyes:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
2000, 5000. Same difference mostly.

If you want to quibble about it, fine then you won the argument.

My belief is the guy isn't in it for the money, which I think we may be able to agree on. Reason being, my opinion is he'd be making more money in either Foreigner or UFO on a full-time basis. It isn't fact but I have a hunch those groups would be more profitable than a tribute band, regardless of how well they have been received.

I thought the late 90's live record was pretty good and his full band material when he was doing his first "solo band" records as Bonham. What I think is the guy is wasting his time and his life doing Zeppelin songs when he still has something to offer as an original artist doing original music, whether under his old Bonham outfit or in a band like UFO/Foreigner where he mostly plays music that the chiefs of those bands write. Either way, he is at least building a catalog of his own music and creating his own legacy instead of following in another guy's footsteps.

I also like him fine as a drummer and Plant ought to shut his mouth about Jason supposedly sucking as a performer.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
This thread has been derailed from talking about awesome Led Zeppelin music to classical composers and how many tickets are being sold? :rolleyes:

Ticket sales are very relevant in a thread focusing on Jason Bonham's touring band and in a thread where he is being accused by some others about the motivation(s) behind him touring.

Otherwise I still like you :flirt

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
2000, 5000. Same difference mostly.

If you want to quibble about it, fine then you won the argument.

My belief is the guy isn't in it for the money, which I think we may be able to agree on. Reason being, my opinion is he'd be making more money in either Foreigner or UFO on a full-time basis.

I thought the late 90's live record was pretty good and his full band material. What I think is the guy is wasting his time and his life doing Zeppelin songs when he still has something to offer as an original artist doing original music, whether under his old Bonham outfit or in a band like UFO/Foreigner where he mostly plays music that the chiefs of those bands write.

I also like him fine as a drummer and Plant ought to shut his mouth about Jason supposedly sucking as a performer.

I'd need to see an exact quote of Percy saying that before I could believe it. I highly doubt he'd allow a subpar drummer to hammer out John Bonham's legacy onstage at the O2 concert, which was a HUGE milestone for them, if he had any doubts as to Jason's abilities.

Furthermore, who cares what his intentions are? Maybe he just wants to bring attention back to his father's legacy and the legendary music the boys created amongst a music industry that is severely shallow and popified? Just my $0.02. :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
As a Zeppelin fan I think it's sorta alright what Jason is doin'...but I don't think it needs to be oversold either way.

It's just...yeah

...just that.

Go to the show and get a few kicks and come home and put your Zeppelin CD's back on.

:grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
As a Zeppelin fan I think it's sorta alright what Jason is doin'...but I don't think it needs to be oversold either way.

It's just...yeah

...just that.

Go to the show and get a few kicks and come home and put your Zeppelin CD's back on.

:grinthumb

Right. And as I remember it, he hasn't been pushing it every second he gets. I saw an episode of That Metal Show (I know, ME? :omg:) and he only talked about it when asked. He doesn't run around touting his playing with the tribute band, throwing his name out there. I think he genuinely enjoys what he's doing and doesn't really care about the monetary gain or fame as much as people assume.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online